dmillz25

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet!

Did later runs have the same idea?

00z EPS has that look, albeit transient, in that timeframe

post-4973-0-74093600-1447593503_thumb.pn

Almost looks like an Aleutian low trying to get going with ridging building towards AK at 240 perhaps, maybe, potentially. Not sure, didn't look at day 11-15 ... I'm intrigued by this year, can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

post-4973-0-57866400-1447593843_thumb.pn

Oh , there you are .....

The 1st signs of winter are beginning to show up by day 10 .  As the EPO goes NEG ( There is a trough under the ridge on the WC ) . It will allow for HP to get aimed through the lakes . The Euro OP is hinting the 1st chance of snow for areas N and W  before the month ends . 

Either way , you can see how the 850`s expand between day 9 thru 15 which is supported by the GFS ensembles so at the very least the last week of November looks to hint at the start of winter .

gfs-ens_T2ma5d_namer_3.png

post-7472-0-95578400-1447594394_thumb.pn

post-7472-0-64244200-1447594404_thumb.pn

post-7472-0-03537500-1447594422_thumb.pn

post-7472-0-55214100-1447594441_thumb.pn

Looks like a transitional pattern the last week of November before the December El Nino pattern

establishes itself.

Agree , those low heights have to come out of Alaska and retrograde to a position SW of the Aleutians . I  do like seeing the early signs of ridging on the WC of Canada .

That should get forced N as the jet gets forced over the top.   Lets just hope it gets stuck on the west shores of HB .

As long as I don`t see a massive height field in central and eastern Canada I will live with transient for now . 

Agree , those low heights have to come out of Alaska and retrograde to a position SW of the Aleutians . I  do like seeing the early signs of ridging on the WC of Canada .

That should get forced N as the jet gets forced over the top.   Lets just hope it gets stuck on the west shores of HB .

As long as I don`t see a massive height field in central and eastern Canada I will live with transient for now . 

Yeah, we'll check the progress of the EPS the next few weeks to see how closely they conform with the

Euro December monthly that came out on November 8th.

Yeah, we'll check the progress of the EPS the next few weeks to see how closely they conform with the

Euro December monthly that came out on November 8th.

EPS has snow for our area on the 30th but that's in weenie land. I wouldn't be shocked to see our 1st flakes during that period.

Still very mild this week even if it never hits 70F. Mid 60s with lows from the mid 40s to low 50s is well above normal for latter November.

Maybe a brief cool down for a couple days afterwards only to go back to more of the same.

The 60's are over after this week for a while...pretty strong cold push comes in next weekend and then again around thanksgiving....12z euro has are first light snowfall next Sunday for the area

Archived