Newest Member
    amirah5
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

immediately thought of Dec 07 when I saw that

More '08 for me...but yeah, gradient pattern for sure. '08 had the massive EPO ridge...Dec '07 had a more disconnected one north of AK.

But here is the snow blitz period in December 2008...pretty uncanny how similar it is.

compday_LO8_Pkje_KOQ.gif

yeah thought the same.

fear is we lose the epo in a few weeks. but...i guess we'll see how it shakes out. 

I think we do, the cold supply cuts off, HP in Canada over the top we warm for a couple of weeks, Christmas week is intriguing to me , still up in the air as  how that shakes out. Another AO stretch at that time may pop the EPO this time with longer wavelengths we break the Grinchs balls?

More '08 for me...but yeah, gradient pattern for sure. '08 had the massive EPO ridge...Dec '07 had a more disconnected one north of AK.

But here is the snow blitz period in December 2008...pretty uncanny how similar it is.

compday_LO8_Pkje_KOQ.gif

I wouldn't bite off that one just yet.

I know no one is, just saying...

I wouldn't bite off that one just yet.

I know no one is, just saying...

Yeah it's not time to predict a snow blitz like Dec '08...we need to actually get into December to take advantage of that type of pattern...we're still too early in the season to start getting gradient setup snow events for the most part...but some of the guidance (GEFS again at 12z) do show a bit of an EPO reload around Dec 1...EC ensembles have been toying with the idea too on and off and if that happened, then we could have an interesting period in early December....but we'll just have to wait and see. The guidance has been really unstable in the longer range compared to the usual caveats we give for D12-15...so it's truly a "wait and see" type thinking.

Nov. avg here is 4.5".  Of course, the CV is 115% so consistency is not what to expect.

It's about 3 inches in ORH, but around an inch only for BOS....of course a standard deviation is more than the mean, so no sense in expecting average in any given year. :lol:

Only to the ones that believe its a winter month

It is a good month to boost the seasonal tally and do some damage relative to normal though...might not average much, but if you can pull an 8-12" event or something (like last year for example), it definitely makes the snow season longer.  

Average here is 8-10" for November.  I know J.Spin is around 12", and I'm probably 2-3" under that. 

Mansfield averages 1.25" per day at this point, lol. 

It is a good month to boost the seasonal tally and do some damage relative to normal though...might not average much, but if you can pull an 8-12" event or something (like last year for example), it definitely makes the snow season longer.

Well, I certainly don't bank on it year after year, If you happen to catch one like last year, Yeah it's gravy, But if we see 0, That is not a shock either as avgs are small for November so there are many years that we don't see any snow at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope we keep this look for December, lol...I think we'd end up pretty good. Maybe ease the SW trough just a tad...but it would remind me of some of those setups in Dec 2007 and Dec 2008.

Hmmm...if we pull off a good December this year, it could be off to the races.

Admittedly, a really good snowfall year will likely still pale in comparison to last year's record season.

Archived