12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early next week will definitely have a winter chill, with maybe a few mood flakes around especially in the hills of southern New England. I think we will probably finish November relatively unscathed,, However I'm really starting to feel like December could come in like a lion with the recurving typhoon and the EPO dropping so negative we should have a corresponding PNA spike with a deeper trough into the eastern United States.

Folks, the +PNA/-EPO lag-tandem is quite obvious and gaining continuity at CDC.  

IN-FA may or may not recurve, but what I find interesting is determining which came first.  It seems almost coincident/fortuitous to amplification and blocking scenarios that IN-FA appears, because there are no obvious physical processes beyond fantastic supposition that might explain how the two are causally linked. IN-FA is down around 10 N latitude over the west Pact, the other is the NE Pacific domain space, which is... what, a third of the way around the world apart...

I don't know about chicken and eggs and/or perhaps concurrently favorable hemispheric giga motions or whatever, but, should the PNA/EPO deal evolve THEN pumps in a mega tropical forcing ... heh.  wow. Of course, IN-FA may not recurve either..

Thing is, I was just also reading this:

A band of water in the central Pacific registered at 85.5°F (29.7°C) over the course of one week — over 5 degrees warmer than usual and higher than ever previously recorded, 

It almost seems like the ENSO is strengthening yet more... because if the easterlies are still relatively broken down, this additional mass of exceptionally warm water might just integrate it's way eastward into the 3.4 --> 1.2 and so forth.   

These two facets seem to be opposing in terms of how they should correlate to the base-line/resting state patterns. Might be more of a topic for the winter outlook thread, but I could almost imagine the rest of the way into mid December kind of flipping back to the older -EPO base-line from the last two years, THEN...dun dun dunnn, some kind of raging directly and observably obvious El NINO armeggeddon thunders to life.

Folks, the +PNA/-EPO lag-tandem is quite obvious and gaining continuity at CDC.  

IN-FA may or may not recurve, but what I find interesting is determining which came first.  It seems almost coincident/fortuitous to amplification and blocking scenarios that IN-FA appears, because there are no obvious physical processes beyond fantastic supposition that might explain how the two are causally linked. IN-FA is down around 10 N latitude over the west Pact, the other is the NE Pacific domain space, which is... what, a third of the way around the world apart...

I don't know about chicken and eggs and/or perhaps concurrently favorable hemispheric giga motions or whatever, but, should the PNA/EPO deal evolve THEN pumps in a mega tropical forcing ... heh.  wow. Of course, IN-FA may not recurve either..

Thing is, I was just also reading this:

A band of water in the central Pacific registered at 85.5°F (29.7°C) over the course of one week — over 5 degrees warmer than usual and higher than ever previously recorded, 

It almost seems like the ENSO is strengthening yet more... because if the easterlies are still relatively broken down, this additional mass of exceptionally warm water might just integrate it's way eastward into the 3.4 --> 1.2 and so forth.   

These two facets seem to be opposing in terms of how they should correlate to the base-line/resting state patterns. Might be more of a topic for the winter outlook thread, but I could almost imagine the rest of the way into mid December kind of flipping back to the older -EPO base-line from the last two years, THEN...dun dun dunnn, some kind of raging directly and observably obvious El NINO armeggeddon thunders to life.

somebody hasn't read the ad nauseum  SST discussion in the winter thread

I was just noticing the operational Euro and GGEM also node off an EPO block too; they just consequently handle the flow structure differently beyond that D7-10 feature. 

The GFS ops to maintain more of a full latitude structure up-down the U.S./Canadian Rockies cordillera ...maintaining also a bit more of a -EPO in the deep range, but also in all having more coherent +PNAP and associated cyclonic flow over southen-eastern Canada.  This solution would pour early season winter into the NP as a slam dunk, but would likely mean episodic spreading of that air mass well south below the 40th parallel.  

The other two, they tend to "tuck" mid level energy back toward the upper WC area ..pealing west underneath a -EPO that doesn't have as much residence; possibly as a consequence of their using said energy to erode the block as fast as they create it. 

Not sure which to trust outrightly... The latter thinking would bring cold air down to mid latitudes and into the U.S., just not as prodigiously as the GFS.  Which by the way, this has been a consistent tenor with the operational GFS for multiple cycles now. and fact of the matter is, it's own ensembles must agree to some extent given to how the PNA is demonstratively rising ... soon followed by a strong -EPO presentation in the prognostics.  That really is the same sort of configuration that demarcated much of the last two winters.  We discussed at length earlier in the season whether or not we had truly lost that tendency... hard to say if this answers that question. 

Bottom line, odds seem pretty well sloped toward negative being the temperature anomaly distribution type for a large chunk of the eastern 2/3rds of the conus as we tick through the next 10 days and close out the month. 

Euro is dead nuts normal for you on Thanksgiving.

hes panic stricken over a 9 day forecast that will change , and who cares. A warm turkey day is great for the family time, get the kids outside . Who wants everyone huddled inside. if there was snow on the ground different story, but things are progressing according to plan. Silly to talk about really. I mean the 11-15 is silly cold but cmon, GFS really? Scooter trolling Kevin is always  something 

I hope you watch for ticks and way early on the Christmas tree, enjoy the pile of dry needles everywhere. Your OC self must go nuts when you bring it out of the house.

Its a family tradition. We like a nice long holiday season. Enjoy getting your pre cut tree from the Killingly Walmart. And yes.. It's a nightmare taking it down. But worth it for the kids

Archived