Newest Member
    Toothache
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has been being key

I think you're reading too much into a few days of lower activity.  It's not the 260 spotless days in 2009.

Activity isn't even really that low... we're still talking a sunspot number of 44, with frequent coronal holes and other events.  A whopper of a CME fired off just yesterday that will probably graze us in about 36 hours.

I think you're reading too much into a few days of lower activity. It's not the 260 spotless days in 2009.

Activity isn't even really that low... we're still talking a sunspot number of 44, with frequent coronal holes and other events. A whopper of a CME fired off just yesterday that will probably graze us in about 36 hours.

I'd say low to moderate on average, correct?

I think you're reading too much into a few days of lower activity.  It's not the 260 spotless days in 2009.

Activity isn't even really that low... we're still talking a sunspot number of 44, with frequent coronal holes and other events.  A whopper of a CME fired off just yesterday that will probably graze us in about 36 hours.

Yeah this is nothing like '08 and '09, but it at least is the weakest activity since 2010. 2012 did have a brief hiatus too..so we may be similar to autumn 2012...but probably a bit lower. 

Hard to say what level of influence it will have right now...probably more like "meh" since we're not high and not extremely low.

I'd say low to moderate on average, correct?

Yes. There has been a fair amount of activity over the past few months.  

From an aurora standpoint, this entire solar max has been frustrating.  The good sunspots never seem to flare when they're in the most geoeffective position, so we've been getting endlessly grazed and missed. 

Yes. There has been a fair amount of activity over the past few months.

From an aurora standpoint, this entire solar max has been frustrating. The good sunspots never seem to flare when they're in the most geoeffective position, so we've been getting endlessly grazed and missed.

It's been a weak one for sure. Nothing like 2003. Northern lights were amazing in oswego.

That's like earlier this month when we were beating warm records set by Nov 1982, and you said it was voodoo for me to make any comparison to that year. Now it snows in Denver and gets cold in Chicago and this is last year all over again?

;)

Relax man is was a comparison not a prediction and worry like you lol, Your snowstorm went poof on the Euro, will it come back tonight?  I think so, how about you? What do you say? or are you going to hem haw until the day of?

Relax man is was a comparison not a prediction and worry like you lol, Your snowstorm went poof on the Euro, will it come back tonight?  I think so, how about you? What do you say? or are you going to hem haw until the day of?

Hem haw is not a bad option considering it is 5+ days out.

Archived