• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
No Joaquin the park forecast for Mets

Ginx snewx

I think I'm with you. Looks like it's doing the wobble wobble. Interesting to note that euro has this dropping south for several more hours but it seems to be heading west. NHC has this turning north soon and that doesn't look to be happening either. Definition of low confidence. Jesus lol

I really prefer water vapor loop for this storm to get a handle on its motion and structure lately.

That eye is actually kind of ragged for a cat 4; if it becomes more symmetrical and tightens up, there could be another uptick in strength even still.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z Euro deson't really look like it buries it south...it's mostly due west through 18-24 hours. Maybe a brief wobble slightly south of due west between 6-12 hours, but it's splitting hairs.

In short, I don't think the current storm motion is inconsistent with a final Euro solution of recurving this. We'd probably need to wait until tonight or tomorrow morning to notice if anything was significantly "off".

Was just about to post the same thing. It's a slow crawl due west from 18z today through 6z tonight....then the north turn begins.

The 12z Euro deson't really look like it buries it south...it's mostly due west through 18-24 hours. Maybe a brief wobble slightly south of due west between 6-12 hours, but it's splitting hairs.

In short, I don't think the current storm motion is inconsistent with a final Euro solution of recurving this. We'd probably need to wait until tonight or tomorrow morning to notice if anything was significantly "off".

:axe:

I'm almost ready to "nowcast and ignore models"....I need some sort of enjoyment after all of this.

Meteorological Grief stage 2....

Stage 1 is "It's just one model run" and "at least all the other guidance still shows a huge hit".

Still haven't quite reached stages 3-5.

Congrats on the Canadian, NAVGEM, and BAMD on your side. 

Coastal,  there is that cluster of solutions on the right that are out to sea but seem to want to bend J back NNW towards New England.  I guess it would not take too much of a change to bring J close enough to E New England for impacts.  As it's slowly whinning  down up in these latitudes I would guess its wind/rain field would expand so perhaps we would experience something??

I'm almost ready to "nowcast and ignore models"....I need some sort of enjoyment after all of this.

:lol: I know I'm going to have to avoid that. It almost always goes the same way, "it looks like it's moving further N/S/E/W than modeled! We still don't know what's going to happen!!"

Fast forward to twelve hours later, and the dominant model ended up being 99.9% correct.

Archived