joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ghosts, Ghouls, Pumpkins, Autumn Chill?: October 2015 DISCUSSION/OBS

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice day to be out and take a stroll the grandson...the fall has the nicest days of the year...when it's 70 in April the cold Ocean quickly ruins that...Here with the colors out and mild enough to be out is great...We have to take one month at a time...November usually has one or two warm days in the 70's...winter will be here soon enough...

I had to water the things that survive in my garden today...arugula, some herbs, one small tomato plant. We haven't seen a major rainfall in a couple of weeks, really since the beginning of the month when we had the cold spell October 1-3.

as far as sensible weather, it's been the same thing since mid July-long periods of dry and above average weather punctuated by a heavier rain fall every now and then

They probably need water.

Absolutly. They can handle a freeze that's why they are known as a fall plant. I have seen them still going well in to December some years.

Another funny observation today is people dressed winter coats and scarfs. I'm wearing shorts T-shirt flip flops in the city right now and perfect

Absolutly. They can handle a freeze that's why they are known as a fall plant. I have seen them still going well in to December some years.

Another funny observation today is people dressed winter coats and scarfs. I'm wearing shorts T-shirt flip flops in the city right now and perfect

I feel like once we have a cold spell, the people never want to go back to summer gear even if it gets up to 80°. Never understood that.

Archived