• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Erika 2015

jburns

This should be in banter. But it's a weather board. All I said was it looks like it is turning out to be a dud for the east coast. Not a big deal. You are making it a bigger deal than it needs to be. 

I'm just addressing your history I've noticed is all. Carry on...sry for the off topic folks. 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she doesn't turn sharply NW by say 70-75W then the chances of it affecting the SE coastline north of Florida wit ha direct landfall go way down....and a turn there will put her right over the main part of Hispaniola but she is so ragged it most likely wont matter much.....

I think it would help her a lot if the southern convective blob went away, its almost like the northern center is rooted to it and that's keeping it from being able to get moving NW

I think it's about time to read Erika last rights. Despite Erika continuing to produce deep convection the shear remains strong, well modeled by the SHIPS model for days and she will soon be encountering the higher peaks of Hispaniola. I do think some entity of Erika does survive into the Bahamas but a majority of what is left should be absorbed into the mountains. Whatever is left should give South Florida some beneficial rains. 

Erika surviving was very dependent on passing Northeast of Puerto Rico which didn't happen, and then it needed to miss Hispaniola which looks like another fail, and then it will need to regenerate in the Bahamas and 95% of the guidance has backed off that from happening, so yeah, things look pretty awful at the moment.

State of Emergency declared for FL. Just because Erika won't be the hurricane or of the intensity models were predicting doesn't mean it wont have a significant impact. Flooding in FL is going to be a huge deal as some models just show the storm lingering around for long time. There is also the tornado threat that usually comes with these systems.

She keeps surprising with the southerly track.  And still has westward movement this morning.  Thoughts on Erika crossing south of the keys and making into the GOM?  Cone includes a few model runs that show it.  I just can't ignore the water temps in front of her and the GOM is a hot tub.  

It would really have to thread the needle for the center to stay over Florida as it travels north.  This would be the best case in terms of wind damage.  I'm not sure about flood damage though?  I have a hard time believing that it won't find some warm water somewhere to keep it going a little longer.  I'll take some rain if it comes this way for sure.

At this point it will just keep heading west.......it has refused to have any northward component sense yesterday.     In fact I think there is barely any "Westerly" winds on the southern portion of the "circulation."     Outside of the apparent Eddie south of Hispanola right now. 

Haha so you are a hurricane weenie too.

This was good

You guys should get a hobby. 

I think it's more of an inexplicable addiction rather than a hobby

I do find it interesting that the NHC has been showing how their cone of uncertainty maps are tighter now than they were 10 years ago with Katrina...looks like they needed the bigger cone with this one

This one is just setting up the one behind the one behind the one that will get us.

Now there is a paranoid with vision!

It looks like it wants to have a chance to give me rain.....now  I've had a lot of rain this summer, but I'd be thrilled to have lots more.  Can't get enough rain, as long as you're on high ground...or until the high ground starts to look like low ground, lol.  T

Looks like if it stays Westerly, it may miss Puerto Rico ! Looks like half the tracks now take it up through FL and would probably be a drought buster! The other group has it going into the gulf and torwards TX, if it doesn't turn. We need that moisture in the SE, somehow someway!

Just yesterday the FL folks were freaking out this would miss them to the east and now it may miss them to the west.  Looks fairly terrible now anyways...

Archived