joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Erika 2015

jburns

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still remember that one. That thing was a beast for sure, even well inland.

Yes and everyone underestimated the effect from the gulf stream... I think a strong cat 2 or weak cat 3 is reasonable. I don't see how this doesn't hit land. Same deal as hugo was a week out, florida to the carolinas in play.

And possibly alot more if heaven forbid, she stalls out over SC. The Weather Channel mentioned that possibility earlier today.

All bets would be off if it stalled in the right place to direct major upslope flow into the mountains. That would a disaster for many if that happened.

I still remember that one. That thing was a beast for sure, even well inland.

Hugo caused major damage well inland since it was moving so fast. It did not have the time to weaken as much as they usually do. Thankfully my area ended up just west of the worst of it. The forecast 6 hours earlier i think had been for it to move closer to the GSP metro, but it turned and went to the Charlotte area.

Hugo caused major damage well inland since it was moving so fast. It did not have the time to weaken as much as they usually do. Thankfully my area ended up just west of the worst of it. The forecast 6 hours earlier i think had been for it to move closer to the GSP metro, but it turned and went to the Charlotte area.

My area got absolutely blasted, while 15 miles to the west had winds barely over TS force in gusts.

Might not be that great of a drought buster, if it takes that track it will be a half a cane with the bulk of the storms right along the coast and offshore.....in fact I doubt it would be a cane at all more likely a ragged TS......

I respectfully disagree, downeastnc.  That's basically the same track Hugo took and we got torrential rain in the western part of NC.

My area got absolutely blasted, while 15 miles to the west had winds barely over TS force in gusts.

We were close here. The eastern parts of Union county near Lockhart and a good bit of Cherokee county just to my north were hit fairly hard. And of course Chester, Fairfield and York counties were pounded. Winds were mostly in the 40-50 mph range here with a few higher gusts. The amount of rain we got was not what I expected, but that was only because it was moving so fast. We were in the steady and somewhat heavy rain here for about 6-8 hours.

Archived