Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August 2015 Pattern and Disco

Ginx snewx

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lots of overdone cold forecasts on the first few pages of this thread

I even bought in a little ... but not so far as to 'forecast' anything.  

It's just been the tenor of the summer to personally f-over anyone whose sense of happiness comes from heat.  ha. But conditions have tended toward cooler resulting at least excuse imaginable, ...seemingly at times engineering a way to do so...

This whole nor'easter look for this upcoming weekend is all but gone entirely, and shows two things for me:

1) yet again, the Euro wanted people to believe a deeper EC solution in it's D5-7 range.

2) it hearkens quite a bit to the summer as a whole, where ... although it has averaged less than stellar for higher heat, over all the guidance have been too zealot with the scale of the cool anomalies as a standard sort of mid-range error.  Even the GFS has been guilty at times.  

heh, could still happen I suppose, but I suspect there's too much progressive nature to the flow to allow an anomalous coastal. We'll see.  Whatever happens .... some sort of trough should either be transiently in play, or vestigially locked until further notice. The CDC and CPC NAO is forecast to move positive by the end of D7 from last night... We'll see if that further notice is up at that time. 

I think what we are seeing here .. Finally in the model world with the cold backing off and warming quickly ..Is models picking up on the super Nino.. I'm afraid that is going to be a persistent theme these next 4-5 months

Kevin, that is a poorly thought out response. What are the latest ssta? We're not super yet though we may well be soon. We've seen this in many Nino summers regardless of strength.

Gulf opens up, tropical hybrids round the mid Atlantic ridge, if we get a tropical system there's a pretty good setup. The return of the Noreaster and heavy precip as we switch pattern. Should be NB

814prcp.new.gif

Well advertised, if The Euro sticks with this I would not be surprised if it happens at all based on the setup.

Archived