• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August 2015 Pattern and Disco

Ginx snewx

Nah. not sure 90 is a lock for a few days or whatever in the 11-15 day. There is no WAR. With lower heights still over us. it's probably either fropas or lows to our S type deal amid the warmer wx. I wouldn't say it's a heat pattern, but I could see a little AN. 

Certainly will put some of this early autumn..summer is over talk to rest. I think Jerry will end up more right than wrong

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol.. They certainly did.. And THEY know who they are. They posted countless times that Nino Augusts are cooler than normal. The same ones that called for a cool BN summer

BN doesn't mean chilly by the way, BN in summer can still be warm. Pretty normal so far this year, nothing outrageous either direction. We meh

Deep deep meh? is that an option?

There is no such thing as normal anymore. And it's not just a certain poster from CT, everybody needs a catchy headline to grab attention.

Is it so bad if August has some hot days, mostly normal days, and a few cool days when that first big cold front sweeps across the region in the second half of the month?

There is no such thing as normal anymore. And it's not just a certain poster from CT, everybody needs a catchy headline to grab attention.

Is it so bad if August has some hot days, mostly normal days, and a few cool days when that first big cold front sweeps across the region in the second half of the month?

totally meh on all accounts, high heat, severe, drought, high dews. he missed them all in his hood. Has to be depressing

Yeah I mean watching the news, you'd think we are going to get sucked up, drown, hit by lightning, or burned alive. The worst is the whole "millions threatened with severe wx" thanks to SPC during the DC derecho.

Yeah I mean watching the news, you'd think we are going to get sucked up, drown, hit by lightning, or burned alive. The worst is the whole "millions threatened with severe wx" thanks to SPC during the DC derecho.

Even our new SVR/TOR graphics for social media include population (like our Somerset County warnings with less than 20 people registered living in them).

I think the extreme headlines are only going to get worse as we progress through August and the el nino impacts begin to become more likely to be felt across the nation.

Even our new SVR/TOR graphics for social media include population (like our Somerset County warnings with less than 20 people registered living in them).

I think the extreme headlines are only going to get worse as we progress through August and the el nino impacts begin to become more likely to be felt across the nation.

I cringe when I think about the headlines this winter if the pipeline gets established into CA. Just bombarded with videos of mudslides, homes into the ocean etc. I remember that even in '97-'98 nevermind now when media is at the top of weather hype. 

totally meh on all accounts, high heat, severe, drought, high dews. he missed them all in his hood. Has to be depressing

And that map excludes the very BN 1st week of met summer.  Even with those record low maximums left out, the map shows SNE/CNE basically at normal, NNE generally 1-2F BN.  (Except for one anomalously cool station along Route 6 in eastern Maine.)

Being in the middle on that below normal zone centered on Tolland County CT, I can corroborate being below normal from June through today.

It certainly has not been hot and humid here.  The average low since June 1st has been 54° so outside of a handful of humid days and nights it's been nice.

Being in the middle on that below normal zone centered on Tolland County CT, I can corroborate being below normal from June through today.

It certainly has not been hot and humid here.  The average low since June 1st has been 54° so outside of a handful of humid days and nights it's been nice.

That may be the avg low in a radiational low spot such as yours,,but that's is certainly not been the normal low in Tolland Cty. 

In fact the elevated areas are probably very close to what ORH averaged over the last 2 months...

That may be the avg low in a radiational low spot such as yours,,but that's is certainly not been the normal low in Tolland Cty. 

In fact the elevated areas are probably very close to what ORH averaged over the last 2 months...

BDL is BN too since June 1. ORH is just AN. It's pretty close to avg as you'll find. No way to spin it.

Yeah totally unnecessary. I hope that's removed (along with some of the other useless "stats") when the testing is done.

Archived