Newest Member
    Toothache
August 2015 Pattern and Disco

Ginx snewx

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute gold the last few posts.

Agree.  My spot is probably just about as average as one can be in Tolland County.  I'm not on top of a hill or in a deep ravine.  I'm not deep in the woods or in the middle of a huge field.  Yeah I radiate well, but other places like Ellington radiate better.  They are down in the CT River Valley but I'm not there or in a 1,000' valley either.  I also have 30 year normals and I'm probably the closest station to Tolland that can say that.

since the conversation between Steve and Jerry the other day, re the "WAR" or run type of August...

Interestingly, the operational runs have been hinting at more height rises along the 40th parallel for their respective extended ranges. Just got to get through the next week. 

Which has been the problem ... The normal stochastic longer lead depictions have tended to come into coherency with less than that overall appeal (seasonal trend).   

But this last 10 or so day period of above normal did also start out this/that way, way back whence in the model behavior, too.

Normal temps are dropping now and we been about normal all summer we could be in the low to mid 80's and be above normal the clock is ticking for hhh weather

Joe Bastardi@BigJoeBastardi 3h

3 hours agoCranston, RI

After cool upcoming 10 days warmest 2 week period against the normals shaping up for the midwest and northeast to end summer season.

Normal temps are dropping now and we been about normal all summer we could be in the low to mid 80's and be above normal the clock is ticking for hhh weather

I've seen stretches in the low 90s in September.   

If the heights approach 600 dm over OH like a few of these extended rangers have depicted, ... it's not too late.   Some of the hottest weather in history/records took place in the last two weeks of August.

http://www.plantmaps.com/massachusetts-record-high-and-low-temperature-map.php

Meh days are getting shorter and most can deal with it almost time for the switch I know it can get hot but its almost time where days and nights start to cool way off

It's a very muggy look mid month on. All ens products show it. Prep your AC and reinstall if you put them away thinking summer was over from reading some posts on here

Meh days are getting shorter and most can deal with it almost time for the switch I know it can get hot but its almost time where days and nights start to cool way off

you are right, next 7 days expected high is 83 low upper 50s. What a truly fantastic day again. We will have the occasional bout of heat but as has been the case it's transient and limited. Lots of warm W and NW flow days with low dews and hot sun, cooler nights. Haven't had AC on since last Tuesday, should be good another week, which for August is gold.

It's not a WAR. While for a few days there appears to be a little ridging off the SE, the height pattern is not a WAR look. The potential warmer look is more from ridging in eastern Canada thanks to lower heights in NW Canada. In fact, there continues the look of lower heights over the SE US at times which will limit heat...but it's a warmer look which has been noted for a couple of weeks.

It's not a WAR. While for a few days there appears to be a little ridging off the SE, the height pattern is not a WAR look. The potential warmer look is more from ridging in eastern Canada thanks to lower heights in NW Canada. In fact, there continues the look of lower heights over the SE US at times which will limit heat...but it's a warmer look which has been noted for a couple of weeks.

thank you, didn't think I was spinning as accused. Some friends huh.

interesting temp look, run the loop. http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/nav.html?model=gem-ens&region=eus&pkg=T2m&runtime=2015081000&fh=120&xpos=0&ypos=101

Most people consider 80-85 plenty warm and summery for anything they enjoy. What you root for prompts heat advisories which is obviously unhealthy for many. I don't see anybody rooting against what any normal person considers warmth in August.

exactly correct, nobody is rooting for anything. Keeping it real and near normal ain't good enough. Its a beautiful summer day today no one is complaining except someone looking for excessive HHH, wrong summer for that. 85 to 88 is the new 95-100

Always looking for a way out of warmth and summer. Head scratcher

I don't understand you anymore, you have resorted to fantasy to justify your thoughts. Not one person here is looking for a way out of summer and warm. I agree with Scooter, warm not hot, not a Western Atlantic Ridge pattern. Should be pretty sweet with warm days cool nights and low dews.99% of the population would sign up for that as their summer winds down.

Archived