Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August 2015 Pattern and Disco

Ginx snewx

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got an interesting definition of drought if a dry 2-3 weeks will put you there in a location that probably averages what 40-50" of precip annually? Gasp, a dry few weeks in the summer in New England.

I've always thought it was interesting that people would talk about droughts around here as if they are on the scale that happen elsewhere.  Even in my driest years I've had over 30" of rain.  I think BDL & ORH's driest years have more than 28" of precip.  Some places that really experience drought can't get that much rain in their wettest years!

You've got an interesting definition of drought if a dry 2-3 weeks will put you there in a location that probably averages what 40-50" of precip annually? Gasp, a dry few weeks in the summer in New England.

Look, it's dry. It's been a dry stretch overall since May. It's not a drought yet no. The idea is it's been dry, and looks very dry moving forward until Nino rains kick in late fall and winter. Not all of us can live in the mountains of N VT that can squeeze 2 inches of rain out of high, thin cirrus

Look, it's dry. It's been a dry stretch overall since May. It's not a drought yet no. The idea is it's been dry, and looks very dry moving forward until Nino rains kick in late fall and winter. Not all of us can live in the mountains of N VT that can squeeze 2 inches of rain out of high, thin cirrus

wait wut, didn't you just post

All of CT Headed back into drought AWT and As we feared..ugh

There was definite hyperbole, but a certain poster here probably expects it. I meant to say avg +10 over a 15 day stretch too, but it was hyperbolic nonetheless.

The first 15 days of Aug '88 were probably close to averaging +10F for most spots.

More like +7/+8 around here, still very impressive (or opressive), but I think Boston's departures, or even PWM's, might've been greater.  What I recall from that stretch was not aso much the heat but the dews - day after day in the 70s, including PWM's record TD of 77.

More like +7/+8 around here, still very impressive (or opressive), but I think Boston's departures, or even PWM's, might've been greater.  What I recall from that stretch was not aso much the heat but the dews - day after day in the 70s, including PWM's record TD of 77.

I think CON was over +9F. I'm glad I don't remember that stretch. I don't do the dew.

Drought seems to be an excessive word choice for what is going on. Especially given what drought means in other parts of the U.S.

Look, it's been dry. But what's the impact? Rivers are fine, reservoirs are fine, the water table is fine. Dry does not equal drought.

Euro looks like crap. Days of east wind with WF just south. Hope not.

Depends on what level one refers too...

It's definitely looking over played in the lower troposphere given that flow aloft.  Looks "TOO" strong with BD given that construct.  I'd also suggest for the lay-persons to take the Euro's idea of feebly migrating weak impulses through the 40th parallel like that with a specious regard (to put it nicely), in general.  The Euro hates eastern heights and will erode them with very little provocation..

Not saying an inferno is in route, but I see this run as no different in terms of oscillating features, like discussed awhile ago. ... Problem is, "big heat," particularly when it starts to challenge climo needs a few things to go right, and these permutations run to run lowers the confidence in the dailies.  

Time will tell... I'm still banking on AN and leaving amplitude in the wind for the time being. 

Depends on what level one refers too...

It's definitely looking over played in the lower troposphere given that flow aloft.  Looks "TOO" strong with BD given that construct.  I'd also suggest for the lay-persons to take the Euro's idea of feebly migrating weak impulses through the 40th parallel like that with a specious regard (to put it nicely), in general.  The Euro hates eastern heights and will erode them with very little provocation..

Not saying an inferno is in route, but I see this run as no different in terms of oscillating features, like discussed awhile ago. ... Problem is, "big heat," particularly when it starts to challenge climo needs a few things to go right, and these permutations run to run lowers the confidence in the dailies.  

Time will tell... I'm still banking on AN and leaving amplitude in the wind for the time being.

it's been doing this at that range for a long time... you seem to be the only person in this subforum who notices

forecast from last sunday valid this coming sunday. overdone with the trof to the NE

get_legacy_plot-atls10-95e2cf679cd58ee9b

Op runs post 5 have been spurious for a very long time in that regard, nothing earth shattering really

Ensembles have it too. It hopefully will do two things. Either do the GFS and shive it to DC, or just have it washout overhead and not pull a euro with clouds and ocnl showrs.  For someone like myself who is on vaca...I care. Luckily itś far enough out to not make for a concern either way. 

Archived