• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Pattern and Disco

Ginx snewx

Unless you are parked at a lake, pool, beach--- its a summer nightmare for most normal people.

Nice week to be vacationing near a body of water.

Still hot-nothing worse than sitting on broiling sand in 95 degree heat...yeah you can go in the water but outside of that it's not a comfortable experience.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it appears you will get your wish. Sadly..that means no snowmobiling for you. :loon:

just count your blessings that you are not amungst the multitudes of poor people living in non air conditioned city apartments that don't even have cross ventilation to move the hot air. It's a wonderful thing to deal with an infant with prickly heat. There is nothing you can't comfortably do when it's sunny, 85 with low humidity as compared to 95/72. The only thing the latter is good for is human and animal discomfort and in the aforementioned situation...suffering.

just count your blessings that you are not amungst the multitudes of poor people living in non air conditioned city apartments that don't even have cross ventilation to move the hot air. It's a wonderful thing to deal with an infant with prickly heat. There is nothing you can't comfortably do when it's sunny, 85 with low humidity as compared to 95/72. The only thing the latter is good for is human and animal discomfort and in the aforementioned situation...suffering.

You seem like a very angry individual

Wishing on extreme HHH is no different than the cold weenies wishing on a blistering cold wave....just opposite ends of the spectrum...and yet no one slams the cold weenies

As a southern who deals with HHH all the time I cant understand why anyone would ever want those conditions. We hate it and its always the worst summers when we get locked in to a pattern like this summer where its 90's over high DP's everyday, you cant do anything, the kids cant play outside until its almost dark and even then its tough, hell we cant even get in the pools until the sun goes down and then it doesn't matter cause the water in the pools is upper 80's if your lucky, my neighbors pool was showing 93 on the thermometer the other week. Nothing is more refreshing than sweating in your pool......Then to top it off folks up there do not have A/C, how horrible is that I would kill someone...sure maybe 1 day would be tolerable but you get 4-5 days like you got coming up and ugh.....sucks too since I am going to be up there Sat, hopefully the cooler air trends faster and its not 88-90 there.

People that want high temps and humidity need help, its the worst, most useless kind of weather there is.....

You seem like a very angry individual

Not angry at all actually. Being an ex NYPD officer for 20 yrs, I have seen what heatwaves do to large segments of urban population. Nothing like rolling brownouts to shut off the window fan in your 100 degree apartment at 11pm. 10 people often living in a 3 bedroom unit with bed sheets between rooms for privacy. Heat for these folks is subsidised each winter. AC is not. If there is a short period where we can experience record heat as weenies, that's fine....it's summer. But you think it would be great in perpetuity for the whole summer. That's just selfish on your part for not giving a rat's ass about the hardships that would cause so many people, especially outdoor workers. So yeah, part of me would be happy if we had every big storm this winter track just inside the benchmark so you can taste the snow but look out your window at the rain.

As a southern who deals with HHH all the time I cant understand why anyone would ever want those conditions. We hate it and its always the worst summers when we get locked in to a pattern like this summer where its 90's over high DP's everyday, you cant do anything, the kids cant play outside until its almost dark and even then its tough, hell we cant even get in the pools until the sun goes down and then it doesn't matter cause the water in the pools is upper 80's if your lucky, my neighbors pool was showing 93 on the thermometer the other week. Nothing is more refreshing than sweating in your pool......Then to top it off folks up there do not have A/C, how horrible is that I would kill someone...sure maybe 1 day would be tolerable but you get 4-5 days like you got coming up and ugh.....sucks too since I am going to be up there Sat, hopefully the cooler air trends faster and its not 88-90 there.

People that want high temps and humidity need help, its the worst, most useless kind of weather there is.....

finally a post from someone who knows and experiences it daily. Whiney and DIT need to spend a couple of summers in the south.

Not angry at all actually. Being an ex NYPD officer for 20 yrs, I have seen what heatwaves do to large segments of urban population. Nothing like rolling brownouts to shut off the window fan in your 100 degree apartment at 11pm. 10 people often living in a 3 bedroom unit with bed sheets between rooms for privacy. Heat for these folks is subsidised each winter. AC is not. If there is a short period where we can experience record heat as weenies, that's fine....it's summer. But you think it would be great in perpetuity for the whole summer. That's just selfish on your part for not giving a rat's ass about the hardships that would cause so many people, especially outdoor workers. So yeah, part of me would be happy if we had every big storm this winter track just inside the benchmark so you can taste the snow but look out your window at the rain.

we concur

As a southern who deals with HHH all the time I cant understand why anyone would ever want those conditions. We hate it and its always the worst summers when we get locked in to a pattern like this summer where its 90's over high DP's everyday, you cant do anything, the kids cant play outside until its almost dark and even then its tough, hell we cant even get in the pools until the sun goes down and then it doesn't matter cause the water in the pools is upper 80's if your lucky, my neighbors pool was showing 93 on the thermometer the other week. Nothing is more refreshing than sweating in your pool......Then to top it off folks up there do not have A/C, how horrible is that I would kill someone...sure maybe 1 day would be tolerable but you get 4-5 days like you got coming up and ugh.....sucks too since I am going to be up there Sat, hopefully the cooler air trends faster and its not 88-90 there.

I wish I could hit "like" for this.... good thing is that here in New England it really CAN't last for months on end.

I wish I could hit "like" for this.... good thing is that here in New England it really CAN't last for months on end.

yeah lol, from June 13 to June 26 the high was never lower than 91 and it was 95 or better 11 of those days....its friggen disgusting. Our heat index has hit 118 a few times and 105-110 is pretty common this year. Thankfully these summers are not the norm, in fact the last two summers saw hardly any 90+ days.....I guess we are paying the piper for it now though. Again anyone that thinks this is good weather obviously hasn't experienced it very much.

Anyway I am up there in Mass starting Sat, and unfortunately it looks warm,......would love to see those cooler temps the models have late next week move up 3-4 days lol, I would be thrilled to see mid 70's and low DP's....

I like heat in summer and cold in winter. That's why I live here

Lol...why would you live at 1,000 feet in the hills of interior SNE if you like heat?

You would move to the CT River valley or the coastal plain like IJD. You are probably one of the worst spots to get excessive heat in a 25 mile radius around you. Maybe only Union, CT over to S ORH county is worse...and then due south right along the immediate CT coastline.

Lol...why would you live at 1,000 feet in the hills of interior SNE if you like heat?

You would move to the CT River valley or the coastal plain like IJD. You are probably one of the worst spots to get excessive heat in a 25 mile radius around you. Maybe only Union, CT over to S ORH county is worse...and then due south right along the immediate CT coastline.

Well I meant that as a relative term. We don't really get excessive heat or cold here. But we get enough of each season for me to enjoy. Certainly not a heat spot here . Not at all. I enjoy high dews more than high heat . But that goes without saying. But once Oct comes, the switch flips and it's go cold or go home

Archived