• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Pattern and Disco

Ginx snewx

The past developing ninos that showed war and the propensity on all guidance to show it on some level. Even the long range trough indeed bows to it keeping lowest heights west of us. Watch that retrograde as the WAR builds.

thanks, something to keep an eye on for sure, deeper anamolies are certainly west but not far enough in my opinion to create a Bermuda High setup. 5h Looks very Feb 13 Jan 15 like as unreal as that seems

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The past developing ninos that showed war and the propensity on all guidance to show it on some level. Even the long range trough indeed bows to it keeping lowest heights west of us. Watch that retrograde as the WAR builds.

that's what happened in aug 2009 and 2002

I don't see a change in overnight runs. The problem, is that some of you are using op runs which obviously are volatile. I feel like any notable change is more like next week.  Whether it's cool polar air or more of the warm-fropa-warm pattern remains to be seen, but it's a change in the 500mb flow.

I don't see a change in overnight runs. The problem, is that some of you are using op runs which obviously are volatile. I feel like any notable change is more like next week.  Whether it's cool polar air or more of the warm-fropa-warm pattern remains to be seen, but it's a change in the 500mb flow.

Yeah...looks like the first stretch where we don't get much of a cool down after the cold fropa (mild down) Thu night/Friday. We're probably looking at late next week before we have the chance for anything much cooler...we'll see if that holds together in the coming days. d10-15 looked nice overnight...would love to see that come to fruition.

Yeah...looks like the first stretch where we don't get much of a cool down after the cold fropa (mild down) Thu night/Friday. We're probably looking at late next week before we have the chance for anything much cooler...we'll see if that holds together in the coming days. d10-15 looked nice overnight...would love to see that come to fruition.

Yeah agreed. That's a pretty strong signal for an ensemble.

Looks like a blocky pattern developing with the EPO ridge developing, as has been typical since July 2013.

Exactly!!!

I've been using the phrase "base-line pattern,"  but that really just refers to that typology you mention here.

And you are right ...it was about mid summer, 2013, that the warm biased pattern that lasted some 3 to 4 years changed to this new paradigm.  

So we're 2 years in?  Yeah...  As I was discussing before, they tend to bias-last ..circa 3 to 5 years before the chapters changes. 

Interesting... 

Now, OT:  but...combining that latency to block with a strengthening summer warm ENSO leading into statistically correlated +PNA autumn could be interesting for early cold and storminess folks.  

Always have to look for a way to not have it as hot as it looks. Never can admit a good ole fashioned heat wave is coming. BDL/IJD/PVD all will have 6+ days of 90 or higher in the next 10 days

wut? No one said no heat wave, you take things off the hook, like last week with your 95-97 calls that verified 90 and below, surprise you haven't called for widespread heat related deaths this year.

Highs were 94-95 at the spots it was supposed to be. That verified.

EWR? where else

Anyway first heat wave of the season incoming what will you be doing to enjoy it? I hope to be inside while at work and in the water if not in AC. Feel sorry for the peeps working outside and those who don't have AC. Nothing more enjoyable than running from AC to AC

Highs were 94-95 at the spots it was supposed to be. That verified.

EWR? where else

Anyway first heat wave of the season incoming what will you be doing to enjoy it? I hope to be inside while at work and in the water if not in AC. Feel sorry for the peeps working outside and those who don't have AC. Nothing more enjoyable than running from AC to AC

BDL hit 94

BDL only hit 92F. The last hot airmass definitely underperformed relative to guidance just a couple days out.

Ok my bad . I thought they hit 94. Maybe it was TAN? I know someone did

It was 93-94 at TAN on the 20th.

Archived