joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Pattern and Disco

Ginx snewx

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still looks pretty warm through Tue though despite the lower hum. I probably would've saved the pattern change wording until after Tue.

As posted 2 times and stated the Pattern change begins Aug 5th and is complete Aug 8th, Boxs headlines highlighted the first phase which is lowering humidity.

As posted 2 times and stated the Pattern change begins Aug 5th and is complete Aug 8th, Boxs headlines highlighted the first phase which is lowering humidity.

I guess. It hasn't exactly been that humid up here...all lows have been in the lower half of the 60s.

? isn't that just climo? I know some think Boston represents the entirety of SNE but seems pretty typical stuff. 83

Sure...I'm just saying it hasn't been too bad in the interior during this warm stretch. Lot of 60-65F mins from PSF to ORE to CEF. A lot of that is the BOX CWA.

Just because some people might have a tough time with HHH weather it means other's can't enjoy it? That's not fair to tell people what they can or can't enjoy.  I think we all realize that 95+ temps and high dews aren't going to happen wall to wall from June to Aug in New England, but it doesn't mean we can't wish it on for a few weeks.  It's nice to be able to step outside late night with just shorts on and not feel any chill, or come out of the pool or ocean and air dry with no shivering.  

Not angry at all actually. Being an ex NYPD officer for 20 yrs, I have seen what heatwaves do to large segments of urban population. Nothing like rolling brownouts to shut off the window fan in your 100 degree apartment at 11pm. 10 people often living in a 3 bedroom unit with bed sheets between rooms for privacy. Heat for these folks is subsidised each winter. AC is not. If there is a short period where we can experience record heat as weenies, that's fine....it's summer. But you think it would be great in perpetuity for the whole summer. That's just selfish on your part for not giving a rat's ass about the hardships that would cause so many people, especially outdoor workers. So yeah, part of me would be happy if we had every big storm this winter track just inside the benchmark so you can taste the snow but look out your window at the rain.

Well... spin it for whatever reason you need - 

Here in Ayer, we've needed AC for three straight nights.  Been routinely heading into the office at 7:30 AM and it's at 74/68 ... the problem is, when the DP gets high that effects the rate of heat transfer from the home to the outside air; it lowers it.  Such that if you don't have AC, even an 85 F afternoon at those kind of DPs puts warmth into the house you pretty are stuck with if you don't have very good ventilation and/or AC controls.  

That's the reality. This has been an uncomfortable week, on balance, for the majority.  Record breaking? no.  Has it been hotter? hell yes... But there is a reason 90 F for three days is called a "heat wave", and many interior sites have hit that, or flirt with it at 2 days-worth. 

Well... spin it for whatever reason you need -

Here in Ayer, we've needed AC for three straight nights. Been routinely heading into the office at 7:30 AM and it's at 74/68 ... the problem is, when the DP gets high that effects the rate of heat transfer from the home to the outside air; it lowers it. Such that if you don't have AC, even an 85 F afternoon at those kind of DPs puts warmth into the house you pretty are stuck with if you don't have very good ventilation and/or AC controls.

That's the reality. This has been an uncomfortable week, on balance, for the majority. Record breaking? no. Has it been hotter? hell yes... But there is a reason 90 F for three days is called a "heat wave", and many interior sites have hit that, or flirt with it at 2 days-worth.

why is your office 74/68, somebody needs a HVAC mechanic

Looks like a spell of very comfy wx 8/5-12 give a take a day on either side. Then the war rebuilds and tries to join the Sonoran ridge but persistent weakness along the east coast should keep extreme heat away. Similar to this last week.

Yeah lots of signs of a warm humid last 2-3 weeks of the month. GFS as usual is overdone on the amount of cooling next week. I was reading BTV and GYX AFD and both said the same thing. Looks like normal temps mid week next week..but nothing that is cool or chilly for time of year.

Archived