joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wiz that is awesome.  I could watch cloud time lapse all day long, haha.  You have one heck of a view of approaching weather.  Look forward to more of those time lapse vids.

Thanks!

I've had this camera since October of 2013 but where I live I don't really have great spots to perform time lapses...well once I get a car which should be sometime this month that will change.  

This will give me a chance to really play around with it and all the settings.  I'm so hoping we can get some good convective chances before the cool season kicks in.  What a view of a shelf cloud I would have, especially since that direction faces west.  

I would say maybe tomorrow but I'm pretty much booked from 10:50 until 7:40...with a 2.5 hour break between 3:30 and 6:00

Thanks!

I've had this camera since October of 2013 but where I live I don't really have great spots to perform time lapses...well once I get a car which should be sometime this month that will change.  

This will give me a chance to really play around with it and all the settings.  I'm so hoping we can get some good convective chances before the cool season kicks in.  What a view of a shelf cloud I would have, especially since that direction faces west.  

I would say maybe tomorrow but I'm pretty much booked from 10:50 until 7:40...with a 2.5 hour break between 3:30 and 6:00

Paul what an awesome view for a junkie like you. Friggin sweet

Paul what an awesome view for a junkie like you. Friggin sweet

It's incredible...it was made for me lol.  I can actually see that cell near POU getting going (unless this is something else going up).  About to go sit on the balcony and either have a glass of wine or a beer and do some more work.  

Thanks!

Cold season...even BOX referenced it as "cold season" in their latest AFD. I win! 

THE FRONT IS EXPECTED TO STALL NEAR THE SOUTH COAST AS LOW PRES

DEVELOPS OVER THE MID ATLC COAST...THEN LIFTING NE AND TRACKING

SOUTH OF NEW ENGLAND THU NIGHT. CLASSIC COLD SEASON SCENARIO WITH

LOW LEVEL FRONTOGENESIS AND CONVERGENCE DEVELOPING ON THE NW

PERIPHERY OF SFC LOW AND MID LEVEL CENTER WITHIN RIGHT ENTRANCE

REGION OF THE UPPER JET

Cold season...even BOX referenced it as "cold season" in their latest AFD. I win! 

REGION OF THE UPPER JET

Deformation!!

REGION OF THE UPPER JET.

I used cool referencing fall but unless there is a definite answer I would reference winter as the cold season but then again summer isn't labeled hot season

I used cool referencing fall but unless there is a definite answer I would reference winter as the cold season but then again summer isn't labeled hot season

lol I wasn't trying to bust you or anything, just referencing the discussion the board had a few weeks back when some argued winter was included in "cool season", and that it ran from September to March. Couldn't help myself  :lmao:

Not to steal Wiz' thunder but I shot this last year...

It was a tor warned cell initially out near Winchendon that rolled straight down Rt 2 toward my vantage point. This is the flanking line as it's turrets merge cyclically into the anvil region...  Nice pileous in there, too

Have fun enjoy every minute, its will be gone before you know it. Have to say it Paul pretty happy and proud of you. 

Thanks, Steve!  I'm having a blast.  I've met some of the senior met students and have become pretty good friends with one of them.  I've looked into the weather center and talked with the head guy and I've just joined a little club and came back from playing ultimate frisbee. 

Not to steal Wiz' thunder but I shot this last year...

It was a tor warned cell initially out near Winchendon that rolled straight down Rt 2 toward my vantage point. This is the flanking line as it's turrets merge cyclically into the anvil region...  Nice pileous in there, too

That is incredible!!!

It's usually called cold season and warm season. Cold season is generally October to April.

Gotcha...I'll plug this into my head.  Any reason though why it's cold and not cool?  

Archived