joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs Thread 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crime center of SC, I mean Spartanburg, looking to benefit from these storms today

Don't be jealous of our "big city" crime lol.

Ok, now it looks like the storm may hit mby.  Of course, every storm (besides last week) I thought would hit us either fell apart or took a last second jog to miss us.  Guess I'll find out soon enough if the curse of shetley is broken.

Edit:  Uh oh, outflow boundary racing out ahead of it.  That's never a good sign.

Ughhh this thing is literally prob half mile from me with the heaviest echos.  Nothing so far.

Edit:  Heavy Rain!  :thumbsup:  Just prob half a mile south of me looks like they are getting it pretty good, but I should at least get a quarter inch out of this maybe more depending how long it lasts.  Very breezy too.  I couldn't have been much further east than I am to get rain out of this.  I'm right on the edge.

The curse is broken!  0.92" and more than the 2 storms combined last week!  :drunk: 1.75" in 6 days.

Good deal! We had a subtle breeze fro a few seconds, and 40 minutes of someone else's thunder. Another "Probably would have been pretty if it was dark" distant cluster of storms.

90°/73° with a heat index of 98° at KSPA.  This was at 11:35 :lmao:   Sbcape is almost 2500, mucape is around 2500, and dcape is about 800.  Lift index of -5.  Storms firing early again across the mountains.  Wouldn't be surprised if this was another active day, although probably not as widespread as yesterday due to the shortwave not being as potent.

Too hot and humid to even set foot outside today. This summer is quickly going to waste. We repeatedly get the sideswipe of rain with little benefit and then all the humidity that comes with it. Headed for 100 index already this morning. Ugh!

I'm about to go outside and mow.  But I grew up with crib slats wide enough apart to stick my head through, standing on the front passenger seat of the family car on the highway, no bike helmets, regularly rode on the back of pickup trucks, on the 4th was encouraged to play with fireworks, played with heavy metal lawn darts, played outside unsupervised from dawn to dusk and never heard of SPF, second hand smoke everywhere, lead based paint, no child proof caps on meds, drank from garden hoses not plastic bottles, little league had tryouts and not everyone made the team, ate sugar in and on everything and didn't get fat because I got out and moved.

Lets mow.

:)

Not sure, but I have a hard time imagining the temperature still rising another 14 degrees. 84 at 11:30 --- forecast says 98. Far as I'm concerned, it can stop right there.

Picked up over an inch of rain yesterday and it has translated into air you can wear outside this morning. The humidity is just atrocious out there today.

I'm about to go outside and mow. But I grew up with crib slats wide enough apart to stick my head through, standing on the front passenger seat of the family car on the highway, no bike helmets, regularly rode on the back of pickup trucks, on the 4th was encouraged to play with fireworks, played with heavy metal lawn darts, played outside unsupervised from dawn to dusk and never heard of SPF, second hand smoke everywhere, lead based paint, no child proof caps on meds, drank from garden hoses not plastic bottles, little league had tryouts and not everyone made the team, ate sugar in and on everything and didn't get fat because I got out and moved.

Lets mow.

:)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Archived