Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs Thread 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spartanburg , the new rainforest !

Nothing here really.  Storms have been dancing around mby for over an hour.  I think the curse is making a comeback.  Looks like that cluster is fizzling.

Edit:  Welcome back dead zone.  It was nice having a week away from you.  Stuck in the middle again.

2nd Edit:  There goes the millionth storm today to get within a mile of mby lol

0.02"

3rd Edit:  Here comes another one.  Watch it slide just south of me again.  Same areas are getting hit over and over.

Officially 103 today at CAE, making it the 13th day this summer with temps at (or above) the century mark  :D    That also is 8th on the list of "hottest summers ever".....btw.....I've done two of those "hottest summers ever" and don't care for the threepeat  :angry: 

:(  

It's going to miss us again to the N, and the southern showers are missing us  as well. Just moved the car into the garage for the night... thermometer said 104. Not bad considering the car has been under cloud and tree shadows, and blowoff cloud cover for the last 2 hours.

NOT getting my hopes up for even a sprinkle.  NOT.

But once again there's a noisy chest-thumping cell headed straight for us, just intensified when the outflow from other storms passed through it, yadda yadda yadda yadda.

$5 says it will fall apart before it hits us (again) and we won't get wet (again).

If I lose and we get soaked, I still win.  Worth $5 to get a good soaking.

Gonna be another miss lol.  KSPA has 1.56" today before that current cell moves through.  Meanwhile, I have barely more than a trace.

The flow the last 2 days is the one I hate the most.  Even if there are storms that pop up, all I ever manage to get in this flow is fringed.  Would much rather have storms dropping almost due south.

They're being mighty generous with the size of the warning polygons this evening.

I was gonna post about this but didn't but since you did......... it seems RAH is often generous with the STW's where as MHX is on the stingy side, usually if I get warned here we get a bad storm in the area....but RAH seems to toss them up all the time. The storms they have warned now are kinda nasty but I doubt its meeting severe potential anywhere.

I just hope they all hold up and make it to me had two nice storms miss to the north..

$*%^ *grump*

strengthening cell charging forward on 315 heading, will pass right over, yay

outflow from Up Nawth passes through, cell slurps up the fuel and strengthens

over the next couple of scans the heading changes to 275 ...

AFTER cell has passed east of us, heading starts creeping back up to 285 ... 295 ...

GRRRRRRRR

2 miles each side of us.

attachicon.gifsplit.png

$*%^ *grump* strengthening cell charging forward on 315 heading, will pass right over, yay outflow from Up Nawth passes through, cell slurps up the fuel and strengthens over the next couple of scans the heading changes to 275 ... AFTER cell has passed east of us, heading starts creeping back up to 285 ... 295 ... GRRRRRRRR

I was gonna post about this but didn't but since you did......... it seems RAH is often generous with the STW's where as MHX is on the stingy side, usually if I get warned here we get a bad storm in the area....but RAH seems to toss them up all the time. The storms they have warned now are kinda nasty but I doubt its meeting severe potential anywhere.

I just hope they all hold up and make it to me had two nice storms miss to the north..

Brick is under warnings all the time and never gets any severe.

Of course, I've probably been under 8 warnings or so all year and have yet to see any severe weather at my house.

Brick is under warnings all the time and never gets any severe.

Of course, I've probably been under 8 warnings or so all year and have yet to see any severe weather at my house.

Actually they gelled into a decent storm, prolly legit with the warning especially if you live around Fremont/Pikeville ( which not a lot of people do lol) ...best parts will miss me to the south :(

Where are you? Looks like a pretty big area covered by storms.

I live just above the mp in Simpson...but I am currently at work which is in the loop of road just above the double ee's in Greenville, but the plant is 34 acres under one roof and we wear hearing protection so I cant hear or see outside really a EF5 could hit the other end of the building and I wouldn't know it.

screenshot_resized_4.png

I live just above the mp in Simpson...but I am currently at work which is in the loop of road just above the double ee's in Greenville, but the plant is 34 acres under one roof and we wear hearing protection so I cant hear or see outside really a EF5 could hit the other end of the building and I wouldn't know it.

Gotcha! You're bout to get hit good then, if you're at the plant. Looks like some decent rain at the house too. My house got split tonight. Not a drop. Raleigh proper got another big storm though.

Gotcha! You're bout to get hit good then, if you're at the plant. Looks like some decent rain at the house too. My house got split tonight. Not a drop. Raleigh proper got another big storm though.

On the radar he posted I live just west of where the road loops around greenville on the west side. I got a pretty solid lick out of this one but nothing too exciting.

Archived