joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs Thread 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My davis vp2 reading 91.8/73.4 with heat index of 101.2 right now. The GFS has been overkill on the temps here anyway. It was showing near 100° for today here in upstate, and has been showing those kinda temps, but I usually been peaking out around 93° which to me is still way to hot!! Im ready for Fall/Winter!

If the storms keep filling in, I may have another good storm.  As is though, it looks like I'll miss it all.  Did have some sprinkles.  Was hoping to cut the grass, but looks like I'll have to put it off for now.

Edit:  Things have continued to fill back in west.  Looking good now for some more rain!  I think it is safe to say the switch has been flipped and the curse has been lifted.  Every summer this happens where we can't buy a storm for a couple months then all of the sudden we start getting bunches.

snicker

Hot, humid, gooey in the west-of-Atlanta area, too.  Our HI may end up flirting with the 105 figure, but it felt like that already when I was working outside earlier.

Now we're just watching the storm cells heading S to us.  The first one passed by and gave us nothing but a brief outflow of hot air that left even hotter and more humid air in its wake.

The second round is a pair of cells that are passing to either side.  (While posting this the latest scan shows an extension off the cell-passing-to-the-east will pass over us, maybe we'll get lucky)

They may not be SVR criteria, but boy they are noisy. Rumbles of approaching thunder have been pretty much every minute or two for the last couple of hours.  My terrified-of-thunder cat is having the worst day of his life, poor thing.

0.77" and still raining some.  It went from big fat raindrops to a tropical like downpour.  Just checked out our pwats and they are at 2.  No wonder.

Outflow boundary from the Spartanburg storms heading towards Greenville so I wouldn't be surprised to see it fill with more storms across that area.

Edit:  Radar totals are being underestimated today with the high PWATS.

0.77" and still raining some.  It went from big fat raindrops to a tropical like downpour.  Just checked out our pwats and they are at 2.  No wonder.

Outflow boundary from the Spartanburg storms heading towards Greenville so I wouldn't be surprised to see it fill with more storms across that area.

Edit:  Radar totals are being underestimated today with the high PWATS.

Kind of falling apart IMBY right now. Cool breeze though. 

86°/77° Heat Index of 98° right now.  It warmed back up a lot more than I thought it would after the storm moved through.  A few more storms starting to fire in the mountains and on the NC/SC border.  I doubt we see anything else today, but wouldn't complain if we did. :)

Still a good bit of cape.  Around 2000 for both sbcape and mucape.  Dcape isn't much anymore, but the lift index has improved to -6.  There is some CIN right now though that will probably prevent any further action.

Looks like you are about to get rocked.

Meh its taking its sweet time getting here...... if it does get here it better not fizz lol.....84 at the airport which is in the storm now so I imagine next update has it in the 70's still 91 on my porch I am 9 miles SE of the airport and it hasn't moved this way at all the last couple of frames ugh

Just got back from Oak Island. Checked the VP2 and saw that I received 0.59in yesterday the 18th in Belmont. This is the most in a 24hr period since April 19th when 2.23in fell. The previous highest 24hour rainfall in this period was 0.47in on April 20th.  It still did not fill in most of the massive cracks that had formed in the ground however.

Currently 83/74 which is only slightly less humid than it was at the beach.

Archived