:( 

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC
237 AM EDT FRI JUL 10 2015

...A DAILY RECORD WARMEST MINIMUM TEMPERATURE WAS TIED AT
COLUMBIA FOR THE DATE OF JULY 9TH...

THE LOW TEMPERATURE AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT ON THURSDAY JULY 9TH
WAS 78 DEGREES. THIS TIED THE DAILY RECORD WARMEST MINIMUM
TEMPERATURE RECORD FOR THE DATE OF 78...LAST SET IN 1986.

DAILY TEMPERATURE RECORDS IN THE COLUMBIA AREA DATE BACK TO 1887

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for a meltdown.  A storm just fired a few miles to my west and it will prob just miss me.  :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :underthewx:

Edit:  Just had ten drops of rain.  Radar being extremely slow loading as usual when there is a storm nearby, but looks like it will slide just south of me if the clouds and lightning are any indication.  SOB!!!

Gonna be another near miss.  Another cell just popped up south of me too.  Unfreakingbelievable how I can get so close to storms consistently yet get nothing out of it.  I see KSPA currently has a thunderstorm and heavy rain lol.  I just give up.

Looks like this could be a shetley storm.  That particular cell is the one that gave me a few raindrops.  Then as soon as it passes me it blows up.  Doesn't matter which direction the flow is, but you can almost guarantee something always blows up as it passes me.

Gonna be another near miss.  Another cell just popped up south of me too.  Unfreakingbelievable how I can get so close to storms consistently yet get nothing out of it.  I see KSPA currently has a thunderstorm and heavy rain lol.  I just give up.

Looks like this could be a shetley storm.  That particular cell is the one that gave me a few raindrops.  Then as soon as it passes me it blows up.  Doesn't matter which direction the flow is, but you can almost guarantee something always blows up as it passes me.

We did not get the best of it, but did get exactly .25 and got the dust settled. That's the most rain out of 1 storm since back in April. And now the thing is falling apart as it leaves the area. 

Another storm now to my east.  It has now rained a few miles west, south, and east of me today.  Meanwhile, I'm still stuck in the dead zone.  Somehow mby will find a way to miss all storms this week.  Let's see if we can break the record for consecutive days without rainfall.

0.03" in the last 15 days.  Last recorded rainfall was 0.03" on July 2 so we stand at 10 days right now.  If we can avoid storms this week we could prob push it out to 20 days consecutive without rainfall.  After that it's a crap and shoot.

Had a shower pass through around 5:30 --- then it started spitting out thunder just as it finished raining. Meanwhile, it looks like the morning commute is going to be a mess for some folks...

600 AM EDT MON JUL 13 2015...SCATTERED STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL AFFECT PORTIONS OF SOUTHWESTERN WAKE... SOUTHWESTERN DURHAM...SOUTHERN ORANGE AND NORTHEASTERN CHATHAM COUNTIES UNTIL 700 AM EDT...AT 559 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A CLUSTER OF STRONG THUNDERSTORM NEAR CHAPEL HILL...MOVING EAST AT 15 MPH.PEA SIZE HAIL AND WIND GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THESE STORMS.LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...RALEIGH...DURHAM...CARY...CHAPEL HILL...GARNER...CARRBORO...RDUINTERNATIONAL...APEX...HOLLY SPRINGS AND MORRISVILLE.
LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN WILL QUICKLY REDUCE VISIBILITY AND RESULT INPONDING OF WATER ON ROADWAYS. DRIVERS ARE URGED TO SLOW DOWN AND USEEXTRA CAUTION TO AVOID HYDROPLANING.FREQUENT CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING IS OCCURRING WITH THESE STORMS. TAKE SHELTER INDOORS IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU CANNOT FIND SHELTER INDOORS...AN ENCLOSED VEHICLE CAN PROVIDE SAFE SHELTER FROM LIGHTNING. DEADLY LIGHTNING STRIKES CAN OCCUR WELL AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING STORM...PRIOR TO THE ARRIVAL OF RAIN AND WIND.

Sunny, dry, and 95°.  Pretty much nada on the entire GSP radar.  All the awesome severe parameters in the world won't make it rain here in this regime.  Not expecting anything tomorrow either.  I'm sure there will be something that will fringe me, but I really doubt I will have any measurable rainfall.  HRRR says the MCS is going east now too, not that the upstate ever had a shot with it holding its act together.

Cape has actually decreased some as the day has gone on.

Huge Surprise!  Getting missed by a couple miles same as yesterday as last week as last month as last year.  May even be under a mile away.

Very close lightning strike and I can see it raining south of me.  Yet no rain here.  It can't get any closer and not rain here.  I'm going to lose it if we don't get rain out of this.  Storm is Severe.  Let's see if I can pull off another classic severe tstorm warning without any rain.

Archived