• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Obs Thread 2015

mackerel_sky

CAD FTW!  Only going to be 90° tomorrow.  Today actually didn't feel too bad with a high of 91°.  Guess I'm finally getting aclimated to the heat.  Only 3 months to go until we get to 1 of the 2 months out of the year where it is pleasant to be outside.

I hit 94F IMBY. KCAE hit 99F. This summer can get bent.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

88°/73° at KSPA

Nearest Weather Station is 90.7°/78° and a heat index of 105°

Surprised to see our pops increased to 40% today after reading that discussion yesterday.  HRRR does have a nice cluster over Spartanburg later, but who knows where or even if that will happen.  Last night it had a cluster over the western tip of the upstate that never materialized anywhere.

It's so dry around my house, the kudzu is dying!

My Japanese maples are taking on fall color already, due to heat and drought stress! Trees could shed all their leaves , just to survive, as a defense mechanism! This is as bad a stretch of heat and drought, that I've seen , since I've been a homeowner ! When I was in an apartment , I couldn't care less

It's so dry around my house, the kudzu is dying!

My Japanese maples are taking on fall color already, due to heat and drought stress! Trees could shed all their leaves , just to survive, as a defense mechanism! This is as bad a stretch of heat and drought, that I've seen , since I've been a homeowner ! When I was in an apartment , I couldn't care less

Before the rain we had last week, I noticed the oak tree leaves were starting to accumulate on the grass.  I've been having to water shrubs, bushes and some of the japanese maples as well.  I grew drought dolerant annuals (gazanias and ageraturm) from seed this year, but they still have to have some water.

There's a couple small cells in Spartanburg, but we will see if I have broken the curse with last weeks double whammy storm.  I'm going to be angry when I have cells dancing around mby all day.

Before the rain we had last week, I noticed the oak tree leaves were starting to accumulate on the grass. I've been having to water shrubs, bushes and some of the japanese maples as well. I grew drought dolerant annuals (gazanias and ageraturm) from seed this year, but they still have to have some water.

There's a couple small cells in Spartanburg, but we will see if I have broken the curse with last weeks double whammy storm. I'm going to be angry when I have cells dancing around mby all day.

I've already given in to the Shetley mantra: no rain till October , and just move on with life!

Apparently , this is normal weather for a summer El Niño ! The analogs fail us in the winter, but are dead on in the summer, when it shows heat and drought pattern!

Archived