CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
July Obs Thread 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Record high of 100° today at GSP. Anyone know what the longest period without measurable rainfall is at GSP. I know it was 36 days in 2000, but not sure if it has since been broken.

It's about time we broke the 100 Degree mark! Don't know if the record no rain streak has been broken! 36 days seems pretty stout! I know the airport has only received .10 in July! It's like Jonesville around here!

Nice little rogue storm over by Kenley throwing up a nice tower tonight. Wish it was dark - bet the lightning would be cool to see. We don't get many isolated storms like that without having extensive cloud cover.

Snapped a photo of that one on my way home from work. It was a really cool cloud

20150710_193254_zpshyrkrqke.jpg

Getting hammered lots of CTG and gusty winds and just torrential never ending rain....will get a total when it let's up

Edit to add gauge had 1.54" in it still raining a bit and it looks like another cell is firing to the west but it may slip south of me....this gives me 2.69" for July and I might stand to get another .10" or so this afternoon looking at radar.

Archived