joxey
July Obs Thread 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, its flooding in Eastern NC.   :axe:  :axe:

:lol:  imagine that 

What i dont get is the Columbia area is usually far enough away like Charlotte, but nearly the whole state is devoid of storms today.

CAE is not even close to being far enough away...lol.  NC's flow has been more northerly/northeasterly/easterly (depending on where you are in the state), where SC's flow has been northwesterly for the western 2/3rd of the state and westerly/southwesterly from Florence to Myrtle and Bamburg to Charleston.  Same thing happened yesterday  ;)   

Radar looks amazeballs! Guess 40% wins again! :(

Hopefully the future radar is correct and later on tonight we get a sprinkle or two  :)     *fingers crossed* 

There is something wrong at that office for sure. Our pops need to be down to 20% or less now. 

:angry:  Seriously? You really wanna go there? I don't think you do, but that choice is yours.......choose wisely 

Here's the rainbow over the ocean. Took it with my phone so it is not the best.

attachicon.gif20150723_192422.jpg

Sweet!!!  :thumbsup:   

BTW........today is our 6th day in a row with temps at 100 or above and number 15 for the summer so far  :weightlift:   Hottest summer ever....you have a challenger  :(   

:lol:  imagine that 

CAE is not even close to being far enough away...lol.  NC's flow has been more northerly/northeasterly/easterly (depending on where you are in the state), where SC's flow has been northwesterly for the western 2/3rd of the state and westerly/southwesterly from Florence to Myrtle and Bamburg to Charleston.  Same thing happened yesterday   ;)   

Hopefully the future radar is correct and later on tonight we get a sprinkle or two   :)     *fingers crossed* 

:angry:  Seriously? You really wanna go there? I don't think you do, but that choice is yours.......choose wisely 

Sweet!!!   :thumbsup:   

BTW........today is our 6th day in a row with temps at 100 or above and number 15 for the summer so far  :weightlift:   Hottest summer ever....you have a challenger   :(   

Just amazing how hot KCAE really gets. Was supposed to be in the mid 90s today. Also amazing how this NW flows always seems to pick on SC and no one else.  :axe:  :angry:   :gun_bandana:  :sun:

Just amazing how hot KCAE really gets. Was supposed to be in the mid 90s today. Also amazing how this NW flows always seems to pick on SC and no one else.  :axe:  :angry:   :gun_bandana:  :sun:

:lol:   That nw flow is a killer   :(    I'm not sure about anyone else, and I really don't like temps above 80, but this summer is on my list for worst summers ever....ugh.  

:lol:   That nw flow is a killer   :(    I'm not sure about anyone else, and I really don't like temps above 80, but this summer is on my list for worst summers ever....ugh.  

same here, even though its not quite the hottest nor even driest summer ive seen. I think its the fact that this pattern has been so stubborn, and many areas are doing fairly well with rain. Its as if whoever got stuck in the have nots back in May is stuck with it the whole summer. And people wonder why i hate summer soooooo much.

Radar is looking more interesting.  Nearly stationary showers developing in the northwestern upstate and northern NC.  HRRR was showing something like this earlier.  Probably won't be lucky enough to get under one of these showers, but if I do it could be an efficient rain maker with high PWATS.

hrrr_t_precip_ma_16.png

Radar is looking more interesting.  Nearly stationary showers developing in the northwestern upstate and northern NC.  HRRR was showing something like this earlier.  Probably won't be lucky enough to get under one of these showers, but if I do it could be an efficient rain maker with high PWATS.

hrrr_t_precip_ma_16.png

That maps gives me and Buckeye quite a rainstorm. please lets this verify.

That maps gives me and Buckeye quite a rainstorm. please lets this verify.

It's never a good idea to pin all your hopes on the HRRR :unsure: I would have about 200" of rain if it were correct all the time.

Edit:  Based on radar this could benefit mack.  It is starting to fill in.  I may too far east unless it expands more.

0.00"  Have I mentioned I hate the trajectory of this flow ;)  Just took a look at meteostar to see the GFS is now backing down on it's totals.  It's about a third of what it was yesterday.  The widespread rain is probably going to be stuck at 10 days away for the next 2 months.

Got a nice soaking rain here overnight. Need lots more though. ;)

Archived