joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs Thread 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep the records will say Sept 2002 was wet, but most of that fell from the middle of the month on I think. Once the rain did start that year it was very wet until Jan of 2003. That month was a good bit drier, but did have a very nice snowfall for parts of the Carolinas.

Edit: The pattern changed in Sept of 2002 on the 14-15 when tropical storm Hanna came in on the Fla panhandle and up into GA.

there was snowfall in the Carolinas in the winter of 2003? That winter was horrible here.

there was snowfall in the Carolinas in the winter of 2003? That winter was horrible here.

This one

The 18Z went the complete other way from the 12Z with 100+ highs after a few cool days but the consensus is for the pattern to change so we will see how it looks after a few more days, Euro has been consistent with it so I feel like the GFS is just having its usual back and forth when there is a large scale pattern change a week out.....

LOL ---- submitted this to CoCoRaHS this morning...

"Had about a 15 second period of drizzle/sprinkles Tuesday evening before dark. If I hadn't been outside to actually feel it, would not have known there was any precipitation falling - that's how fleeting it was."

This is just pathetic.  Literally nothing can even approach Spartanburg without falling apart.  This is the summer from hell.  I've never seen a summer with so few thunderstorms to hit mby.  Really we have had one good storm a couple weeks ago and that's been the only good one this summer.  So sick of seeing these ragiddy looking storms on radar with their crazy movements.  You might as well flip a coin to determine what direction they are going to take.  Some go south, some go north, some go west, and some go east lol.

The rain has moved to FL

attachicon.gif5day729115.gif

Huge surprise there lol.  Well, storms have made their way to a few miles from my house.  Let's see how I get screwed this time.  I bet KSPA is about to get another inch of rain.

Edit:  There we go.  Everything completely falling apart.  Mby has to be the driest, most unlucky spot in the upstate.

Archived