joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carrier from yesterday. Shes out of sight this morning but the Aegis boat is still out there. Im sure the carrier just went to deeper water.

That's is a Wasp Class amphibious assault ship, used widely by the Marines and may be part of the Robin Sage exercise going on now....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasp-class_amphibious_assault_ship

The bird activity at the feeders is scary! It's like Wilkesboro scary! I have two , tube style bird feeders and they are emptied daily by birds , and there are kinds coming that don't usually frequent feeders like, woodpeckers, blue jays, mockingbirds, and ravens are on the ground eating what falls! All their food sources are not around , due to extreme drought! The bird bath is another hot bed of activity, as there are no puddles for them to drink and bathe in.

That would explain all of the ospreys and helos.

Yeah I have seen them out there are few times pretty awesome, once we rented a cabin on the Bay River in eastern Pamlico Co and at night you could see the attack copters firing rockets at ground and sea targets across the sound, then Harriers came in for some runs it was fun.....

On a wild weather note....one would expect more weather savvy from balloonist, watch the dude fall off ( the red one)  when it first goes up and then watch what the truck it is attached to ( minus  driver) does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7CvULBOpwk

Meanwhile in San Diego they got 1.03" of rain today, the previous record for today was .01" so they beat that...in fact they beat their all time July rainfall record which was .13" ( you guys in the upstate wouldn't last a month out there )....

Then of course since it is California they had this....http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/FXC/wxstory.php?wfo=sgx

"Eclectically charged storms continue push their way across Southern California. The following graphic displays the lightning density over the past 24 hours as of 2 pm. "

Grabbed this shot last night at Cedar Rock Falls. Thought you guys might enjoy it.

Nice picture  :thumbsup:

I think I've had about all I can take of summer around the Columbia area.  It really isn't livable outside, I'm kinda surprised there aren't mass riots with the weather here.  You literally can't go outside.

:lol:   It's called famously hot for a reason ya know  :P    

Seriously.......I feel your pain   :(   

If it seems summer last  a little longer than winter then your not just imagining things.

Earth does not move at a constant speed in its elliptical orbit. Therefore the seasons are not of equal length: the times taken for the sun to move from the March Equinox to the June Solstice, to the September equinox, to the December solstice, and back to the March equinox are roughly 92.8, 93.6, 89.8 and 89.0 days respectively.

The consolation in the Northern Hemisphere is that spring and summer last longer than autumn and winter.

If it seems summer last a little longer than winter then your not just imagining things.

Earth does not move at a constant speed in its elliptical orbit. Therefore the seasons are not of equal length: the times taken for the sun to move from the March Equinox to the June Solstice, to the September equinox, to the December solstice, and back to the March equinox are roughly 92.8, 93.6, 89.8 and 89.0 days respectively.

The consolation in the Northern Hemisphere is that spring and summer last longer than autumn and winter.

how is it consolation that spring and summer last longer than autumn and winter ?

I know its at a very high elevation, but I don't know how it can snow in July in Hawaii. Does Mt.Mitchell get snow in July ? I know its a lot lower in elevation but its also much further north than Hawaii.

:violin:  I just had to get it out there.  Have you seen any rain down your way?  I keep getting the edge sprinkles.

Not the first drop   :(    Heck......at this point I'd love to have any little outflow pass threw mby, but I can't even manage that     :lol:     

I'm jealous   :P    :(  

Should have kept Bucky...

GFS_Sfc_Temps.gif

Archived