joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is what an El Niño does to a summer pattern, I don't care if we ever have another one, ever! I don't care if it brings two feet of snow this winter! I like my trees and shrubs alive and my water and power bill below 500$, and cup size DD+! :)

I know right?! I thought the 5 bills was bad for this past month, but got in this months bill and it's up by another bill, bringing the total to 6.....sigh....I guess I should be grateful it is only 6 instead of 7  :angry:  SCE&G are crooks/[endrant]  :angry: 

I know right?! I thought the 5 bills was bad for this past month, but got in this months bill and it's up by another bill, bringing the total to 6.....sigh....I guess I should be grateful it is only 6 instead of 7   :angry:  SCE&G are crooks/[endrant]   :angry:

Wholly Cripeys! Ours hasn't gotten above $100 this summer.

Yeah.  That seems awfully high.  Mine runs in the upper twos and I have a 2500 sq ft house.  I estimate air adds about 150 to my bill in July based on my bill during the few months I don't use much air or heat. 

I'm jealous  :(   

Yeah.  That seems awfully high.  Mine runs in the upper twos and I have a 2500 sq ft house.  I estimate air adds about 150 to my bill in July based on my bill during the few months I don't use much air or heat. 

I know right?!  2000sqft is what I've got here....sigh.  I've asked others with similar sq footage with sce&g what their bills have been and they are in that same range I'm in. my bosses bill he just got yesterday is just over 7 bills. I keep my ac on 75 and my heat on 67. My unit is running just fine (brother in law is a heat and air man)....it's just stoopid sce&g and their outrageous prices   :angry:  

I'm jealous   :(   

I know right?!  2000sqft is what I've got here....sigh.  I've asked others with similar sq footage with sce&g what their bills have been and they are in that same range I'm in. my bosses bill he just got yesterday is just over 7 bills. I keep my ac on 75 and my heat on 67. My unit is running just fine (brother in law is a heat and air man)....it's just stoopid sce&g and their outrageous prices   :angry:

I leave mine on 74 year round. 

Here's the difference.  From what I just looked up SCE&G charges between 13.5 and 15 cents per kilowatt hour for residential service.  I have Duke NC here.  

Duke Energy Carolinas

8.24 cents

- North Carolina 7.73 cents - South Carolina 8.75 cents

Basically half of what you are paying.

Here's the difference.  From what I just looked up SCE&G charges between 13.5 and 15 cents per kilowatt hour for residential service.  I have Duke NC here.  

Duke Energy Carolinas

8.24 cents

That would explain some of it. 

Duke Energy Carolinas

8.24 cents

That's only for the first so many kilowatts, then it's triple/quadruple what you are paying  :(  

That would explain some of it. 

We(sceg) are,and have been, paying for a nuclear plant that has not been built yet and every year or so our rates increase as they rebudget their expenses on something soooo freaking outdated that will probably never be finished. Seriously?! Nuclear? Please welcome yourself to the 21st century where solar is the way of the future. Besides the fact that the court(s) (3 yrs ago)have said this is not right and to refund our money, but as we all know, they just keep taking it to a higher court....ugh.  :angry:

That's only for the first so many kilowatts, then it's triple/quadruple what you are paying :(

We(sceg) are,and have been, paying for a nuclear plant that has not been built yet and every year or so our rates increase as they rebudget their expenses on something soooo freaking outdated that will probably never be finished. Seriously?! Nuclear? Please welcome yourself to the 21st century where solar is the way of the future. Besides the fact that the court(s) (3 yrs ago)have said this is not right and to refund our money, but as we all know, they just keep taking it to a higher court....ugh. :angry:

where did you go in the mtns last weekend?

My house is about the same as burns in size, our bill runs about 115-130 in the summer. This also includes my camper and hottub. Of course we are a lot cooler here especially at night.

Hey guys, I have an interview in Cincinnati on Tuesday. Wish me luck !

Good luck :thumbsup:

you're not gonna turn around halfway this time are you? Goodluck!

:lol: 

My house is about the same as burns in size, our bill runs about 115-130 in the summer. This also includes my camper and hottub. Of course we are a lot cooler here especially at night.

I didn't get to go last weekend, but me, the man child and his buddy will be waterfall jumping between dupont and pisgah tomorrow, so delayed but not denied  :D  

Hey guys just gonna share the happy news that we are currently expecting a baby boy in january!!!! Everything is going well and we are just happy everything on all the blood work and chromosome testing has come back great!

Congrats Shaggy!!   :thumbsup:   :D

I misspoke.  My wife pays the power bill.  lol  Just got one.  It is $160.  She said it only goes over $200 two months a year. December, probably because of a combination of Christmas lights and weather, and January.  The base bill is around $120 for the months we don't use air or heat, so the cost of air conditioning is much less than I thought, and totally worth it  

I misspoke.  My wife pays the power bill.  lol  Just got one.  It is $160.  She said it only goes over $200 two months a year. December, probably because of a combination of Christmas lights and weather, and January.  The base bill is around $120 for the months we don't use air or heat, so the cost of air conditioning is much less than I thought, and totally worth it

"Its a beaute Clark"

Archived