12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, tomorrow all the way into next Monday or Tuesday could be straight 90s. Not only that, it looks like a lot of sun to go with it.

...out here on ELI its been bone dry(north fork got some rain this am) but here in 

eastport we've had zero..my lawn is now brown and after this stretch..forget it!

..it will make great beach weather,however..

Its been drier but we'll see how the sw/wsw flow goes with the heat in the coming week.

I noticed CPK tend to keep pace with LGA on N to NW winds, I dunno if cutting across the east river takes a degree off LGA. Also NW often turns N and NE or ENE  which is a cool wind off of LI Sound, CPK is more protected from it.

Major pattern change showing up in early August on ensembles as well as OP 12Z GFS. Looks like a significant EPO fall with a trough drilling into the Plains and Midwest and then moving east after a couple days.

If that cool down locks in, then that summer feel could be over in about 7-10 days. Combine the cool down with a descent in climo temps and a rapid decrease in sunlight and summer will be gone before you know it.

Latest high temp. predictions @NYC from the Cobb Method.

28----95   29----94   30----92    31----90(rain late,& nite)   01----93    02----92    03----93    04(rain early----93.      Hey the Cobb System loves the 90's!!!!   7 straight.    But days ago it predicted 29----99  30----98, but 1sd lower now.

I do not believe those early Aug. numbers because it looks like heights are below normal by then.    By Aug. 06 a high of 80 should be hard to achieve.

Drive through those storms on 87 in Rockland, blinding rain between Suffern and Spring Valley.

that area, around Nanuet, and the border of Orange county always seem to get the nastiest and heaviest of the storms around here.. i've noticed this, must have something to do with the mountains if I were to guess.. not sure what to call it, I'm not very good at the feature-description portion of weather..

Beautiful! I shared that with my family, hope you don't mind :)

absolutely! I posted it for all to see, it was pretty amazing to see live, lasted for a while and so glad I caught it!

that area, around Nanuet, and the border of Orange county always seem to get the nastiest and heaviest of the storms around here.. i've noticed this, must have something to do with the mountains if I were to guess.. not sure what to call it, I'm not very good at the feature-description portion of weather..

absolutely! I posted it for all to see, it was pretty amazing to see live, lasted for a while and so glad I caught it!

When I was driving North of 287 in Mahwah approaching the NY Border and split I saw what looked like a very well defined gust front to the North and vivid lightning. When I actually got into NY however and started heading East all that I had was some very intense rain.

When I was driving North of 287 in Mahwah approaching the NY Border and split I saw what looked like a very well defined gust front to the North and vivid lightning. When I actually got into NY however and started heading East all that I had was some very intense rain.

Yup, that's the spot.. and that storm sat right over the area for hours, just kept pouring.. my rain gauge (I'm about 2 miles from the Palisades Parkway) had .58".. not too bad but that's the difference between where I am and what goes on to the south.. there aren't any reliable weather stations around to see how much rain they got there yesterday.. 

in winter they get some pretty heavy snows in the area you were traveling yesterday too.. foot of the Bear Mountain I hear is where there's some sort of cash in area where it goes from dust to blizzard conditions.. that's awesome!

Archived