• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 15th-16th Severe Events

andyhb

Finally saw they put it up.  Odd that it wouldn't go there first.

The SPC page tends to be a bit delayed. You'll see it as well when they put up new convective outlook; if you click a convective outlook as soon as it's put out, it will be the previous one for a few good minutes before the most recent will show up. 

College of Dupage's SPC products page tends to update info immediately: http://kamala.cod.edu/SPC/ 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SPC page tends to be a bit delayed. You'll see it as well when they put up new convective outlook; if you click a convective outlook as soon as it's put out, it will be the previous one for a few good minutes before the most recent will show up. 

College of Dupage's SPC products page tends to update info immediately: http://kamala.cod.edu/SPC/ 

I did notice that previously.  Also, when the discussions and watches are first posted, the pictures to accompany them are often missing for a few minutes.

Where should I be looking first, to see accurate information first, if not SPC? 

Nothing really has "that look" at the moment. See what the next few hours bring.

I think the isolated supercell near Quanah, TX has pretty decent potential as he evening progresses, as long as nothing substantial develops to it's south...

We're on it. Getting east of rain close to Tipton. Looks solid, but can't organize at low levels yet visually.

This traffic is nuts and is really killing my buzz. We are literally down to 30-something mph, and had some idiot yell at us on a loud speaker. I'm glad this thing isn't flying because this is a cluster.

Can you find a spot to park?

9869c6e56056395963ca259433315e0d.jpg

Sheesh, they're probably parked IN the road considering the amount of people that are on this thing. Hopefully people play it safe; that amount of chaser convergence could be dangerous.

I wouldn't expect these cells to produce anything significant/long-lived (other than brief tornadoes) for another hour or so because the VBV in the lower to mid levels is just so stubborn. I do expect things to change later on, but right now I foresee some more mergers. Currently the Jackson Co. cell is stubbornly but tenuously holding on to its discrete mode in an otherwise somewhat messy mixed storm environment.

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK  
535 PM CDT SAT MAY 16 2015  

OKC065-141-TXC487-162300-  
/O.CON.KOUN.TO.W.0069.000000T0000Z-150516T2300Z/  
JACKSON OK-TILLMAN OK-WILBARGER TX-  
535 PM CDT SAT MAY 16 2015  

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 600 PM CDT FOR  
SOUTHEASTERN JACKSON...NORTHWESTERN TILLMAN AND NORTHWESTERN  
WILBARGER COUNTIES...  

AT 535 PM CDT...A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED 4 MILES NORTH OF  
ODELL...MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH.

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO AND BASEBALL SIZE HAIL.  

SOURCE...RADAR CONFIRMED TORNADO.  

IMPACT...FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DANGEROUS TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT  
SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES WILL BE DAMAGED OR DESTROYED. DAMAGE  
TO ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL OCCUR. TREE DAMAGE IS  
LIKELY.  

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...  
TIPTON...ELMER...HEADRICK...HUMPHREYS...ODELL AND HESS.

I wouldn't expect these cells to produce anything significant/long-lived (other than brief tornadoes) for another hour or so because the VBV in the lower to mid levels is just so stubborn. I do expect things to change later on, but right now I foresee some more mergers. Currently the Jackson Co. cell is stubbornly but tenuously holding on to its discrete mode.

What are you on? We likely have our first long track supercell/tornado ongoing.

Archived