CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April Discussion

IsentropicLift

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i know. It's just going to feel hot because how cool its been. Tbh ill be satisfied with it being 70 i just want it to be nice out

Maybe some spots can make a run at 70 on Tuesday as temps quickly bounce back closer to normal for this time of year.

The heat will be here soon though. Already signs of 80s in early May.

Though the gfs and euro are probably reaching here. There's usually a fly in the ointment during this time of year that prevents the big heat from getting here.

80 degrees in May is not reaching or "big heat" at all. We hit almost 90 degrees at the end of March, 2012

80 degrees in May is not reaching or "big heat" at all. We hit almost 90 degrees at the end of March, 2012

Models tend to overdo warm ups or cool downs in the LR is what I meant to say (gfs showed mid to upper 80s). We'll definitely see 80s in May you can bet the farm on that.

Again don't know why everyone wants the heat to arrive already. Have you heard jm about the oppressive heat and humidity in Texas and it's only April for them.

No thanks I'll pass. Give me 60s and 70s till July for all I care.

The monthly temperature departures shrunk as expected from the peak on the 21st.

.........4/21..4/25

NYC....2.5...1.2
LGA....2.0....0.7
JFK.....2.3...1.2
EWR...2.6...1.4
ISP.....1.0...-0.1
BDR...1.0....0.0

The late March CFS monthly forecast nailed the colder departures north and east of NYC and

the warmer departures to the south.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/mchen/CFSv2FCST/monthly/images/summaryCFSv2.NaT2mProb.201504.gif

since 1980 the average April temperature is 53.4...2015 is at 53.4 as of yesterday...so it's close to the average...

This was the second lowest NYC April maximum temperature of the last decade next to last year.

So much for that noreaster and cold temps...I see normal to above normal temps this week with some low 70s at least Wednesday and Saturday for NJ

Not if the gfs is right. Looks like there will be a coastal this week and temps will be cooler than normal overall.

Lucky for you we might get some real heat by next Sunday and beyond, strong likelihood of 80s I think for at least a couple days.

Archived