CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April Discussion

IsentropicLift

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn't get into any of the showers (rain or snow) on the south shore. If the showers do hold together until dark I think pretty much anywhere they are will see some snow. It's super cold from 950 up and wthout the super strong sun this late any heavier shower will cool the column enough to bring snow even to midtown after dark.

33 for a low this morning...

Now on and off snow showers w/ temps holding steady around 40

oh your going to be in the upper 20's tonight up where you live. Probably mid 30's in midtown. I can't say I don't like this weather! Low humidity cool temps maybe a bit warmer would be better. Anyway I just saw some mixed rain and snow showers here in midtown!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good thing about a late season block is that we'll still have nice days after today. The coolest it ever gets to for highs is the mid 50s and you could probably add on a couple degrees because of heating. That's not that far from normal and we rebound to normal by the weekend. There's nothing wrong with upper 50s to mid 60s this time of year, they are going to feel fantastic. 

Also it'll be dry for the most part until maybe a week from now so no worries.

Today's highs were generally 48-50F areawide. More akin to Late November or early March.

Very cold day today with highs hovering around the mid-40s. Freeze Warning up for tonight, with temps possibly dipping into the upper 20s. Friday night looks like another cold one.

Had a mixture of everything today. Saw some flurries, sleet/ice pellets, then some plain rain,

Hopefully the start of many more days to come. I love blocking regimes because they usually deliver anomalous storms. 

It looks like most of the rain over the next week will get suppressed to our south since the blocking is so strong.

At least this isn't the winter and we'll avoid all the sorrow that goes with snowstorms missing to our south

like 2/6/10. ;)

It looks like most of the rain over the next week will get suppressed to our south since the blocking is so strong.

At least this isn't the winter and we'll avoid all the sorrow that goes with snowstorms missing to our south

like 2/6/10. ;)

I don't think I could handle having to watch 35 dbz 3"/hr snows just a couple miles south of long beach I'm talking so close you could actually see the snow fall on the ocean.

It's just brutal out in the city right now for late April. Wind ripping between the buildings. It's break out the winter coat kind of nasty right now

Today's highs were generally 48-50F areawide. More akin to Late November or early March.

I managed to get to around 54 during sunny breaks but it definitely felt cool with the winds and any cloud cover. There were a few snowflakes falling as well.

I'll be surprised if lows drop below 35F tonight or tomorrow though.

That would be extremely dissapointing.

Well..the 0z Euro was back with the idea of the storm coming further north up the coast in about a week.

The models may be struggling with the blocking and wavelengths so they continue to flip around from

run to run. We'll probably have to wait until under 120 hrs for some resolution on the final outcome.

Well..the 0z Euro was back with the idea of the storm coming further north up the coast in about a week.

The models may be struggling with the blocking and wavelengths so they continue to flip around from

run to run. We'll probably have to wait until under 120 hrs for some resolution on the final outcome.

in the meantime, looks like cool and dry is the rule with maybe a pop up PM shower as the cool pools of air rotate through every few days

Archived