Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The 6th Annual SNE Lawn Thread - 2015

Damage In Tolland

Too early for dimension?

You could put it down now if you want,better to be early than late. the old indicator is when the forsythia bloom, so you could wait to you see some pops of yellow, then drop.

Also,you are probably getting a max of 90 days coverage from dimension,so that takes you through end of June. Weeds will still be popping up in July and Aug, they love the hot temps and ground temps. To get full coverage all summer you would need to drop again early July.

Everyone thinks spring for weeds,but a lot of weeds germinate in the fall too. Battling weeds is a spring through fall ordeal.

Cue the EPA swarming this site for too much Demension use.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time last year, grass was greening up. Now, patches of snow and a yellow wasteland. I almost want to go and break up the snow. It's just taking it's sweet time where it's shaded. It's annoying.

I had three piles on the lawn that were hanging on. I went out and shoveled them onto the street/driveway/spread them around so they would go away faster.

95% of the snow on the yard areas has gone. 

The ground's still very soft, but not the deep mud of the prior couple days--yesterday's sun and wind helped a lot in that regard.  So......today I guess I can finally drive out to clean up the branches for burning next week.  Hopefully, I'll have enough energy to take down a few trees as well. 

And so it begins.

95% of the snow on the yard areas has gone. 

The ground's still very soft, but not the deep mud of the prior couple days--yesterday's sun and wind helped a lot in that regard.  So......today I guess I can finally drive out to clean up the branches for burning next week.  Hopefully, I'll have enough energy to take down a few trees as well. 

And so it begins.

Start gathering your Lesco and spreader and get an idea how much you need

Anyone know the best way to fix large patches of thin grass. When we built a couple years ago, we ended up with a crappy lawn with little topsoil. I thought of putting down 1" loam than raking in some seed and cover with hay. Its a pita since we have lots of areas like this and I can only water so many of them at a time. Will probably have to do it in stages.

A late spring. Last piles of snow disappeared yesterday. Finished raking and yard cleanup yesterday. Was going to apply Scotts step 1, but getting somewhat conflicting info from their website:

• WHEN TO APPLY

Apply in early spring: February-April.

• HOW OFTEN TO APPLY

Apply in the early spring before the third or fourth mowing or before temperatures are regularly in the 80s.

I honestly don't think I'd get to my 3rd of 4th mowing until late May! :o

Archived