CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The 6th Annual SNE Lawn Thread - 2015

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is the greenup coming along this week? I have sporadic greenup.

It's coming along slowly. the dry air certainly is not helping. A nice soaking rain will do wonders. I dropped Dimension the other day, but we just had a light shower Tuesday morning. Def. a few eels behind.

Typically May 20th is the date where I look out and stare at it..and it close to looking like Augusta National.. I think this year is going to be early June for that

My front lawn is looking very Augusta like from an eye level about 2" above the ground, but still about 75 tan. ;)

Back lawn is a different story. The only green are the straggly hairs up against the house where the snow first melt. 

I typically note the date when the first Norway Maple on my street blooms and I noticed a few buds on it have opened since yesterday (two years ago that happened on March 21st, so yeah, this is pretty late).

My lawn is finally waking up. Gonna try and finish cleaning before weekend is over and drop fertilizer before the rain next week.

I also noticed some of the forsythia that are basking in the sun are showing signs of yellow buds. It's coming. It's not that far behind with the sun accelerating the process.

Anyone have any good tips for getting rid of Moss in subpar soil? I fertilized and threw lime down last year but its starting to take over the grass I planted after tilling.....Unfortunately I can't remove the shade as it's a spot between my house and the property line.....

Rake it out. Best thing.

Anyone have any good tips for getting rid of Moss in subpar soil? I fertilized and threw lime down last year but its starting to take over the grass I planted after tilling.....Unfortunately I can't remove the shade as it's a spot between my house and the property line.....

Could be any number of things causing it.

Find out what the pH is of your soil 1st.  Make sure that's in order and if not, correct that.

Also, how's the ground drain where the moss is?  Poor drainage can lend itself to moss.  You would than need to amend the soil there to improve drainage.  Compost would help correct this.

Also make sure that ground isn't overly compacted by heavy traffic, etc.  In this case, you'd want to aerate the soil.

Aerate the hell out of it.. Lime granules again, and moss killer. It will turn it black and brown. Then rake it out with metal rake, reseed area and starter fert

Thanks for all the tips everyone, I'll pick up some materials tonight.  I'll have to get some compost too as the soil is very granular in this spot, but at least its well drained.  I have a feeling it will be a constant battle. Normally I wouldn't care, but this spot is right next to the house. 

Well put down calcium and the JG love your lawn. Still haven't finished raking, but had to get that down before the rains. Got dimension and 20lbs of lesco park seed too yesterday. Guy said 2 applications of dimension because crab grass has been bad lately.

Also notice forsythia blooming and the early green buds on Norway maples.

Well put down calcium and the JG love your lawn. Still haven't finished raking, but had to get that down before the rains. Got dimension and 20lbs of lesco park seed too yesterday. Guy said 2 applications of dimension because crab grass has been bad lately.

Also notice forsythia blooming and the early green buds on Norway maples.

All growth halted for 10-14 days sadly..Early May looks like big time warmup back to early summer though. Just get thru Napril

even here. Portsmouth is the tropics of NE

I was just checking there highs/lows and there really cool because of the marine influence. Mostly 50s and a few 60s. I would say I have been warmer overall here than in portsmouth the past few weeks and still weeks behind.

Maybe it's my cooler nights? Most of their nights are in the mid upper 30s to 40ish.

I was just checking there highs/lows and there really cool because of the marine influence. Mostly 50s and a few 60s. I would say I have been warmer overall here than in portsmouth the past few weeks and still weeks behind.

Maybe it's my cooler nights? Most of their nights are in the mid upper 30s to 40ish.

Just realized that they probaby have had bare ground for quite some time down there, while I had full coverage about 2 weeks ago, so it makes sense.

. Got dimension

don't let the kid play outside until it rains.

EMERGENCY OVERVIEW: Primary Route(s) of Entry: Eyes, Skin, Inhalation, Ingestion

POTENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS: Causes eye irritation. Harmful if inhaled. Prolonged or frequently

repeated skin contact may cause allergic reaction in some individuals. Ingestion of large amounts may

cause gastrointestinal disorder, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea.

EYE: Causes eye irritation.

SKIN: May cause skin irritation.

INHALATION: Overexposure to dusts may cause mucous membrane and upper respiratory irritation

and possible lung changes.

INGESTION: Ingestion of large quantities may cause gastrointestinal discomfort, vomiting, weakness

or other medically related problems.

MEDICAL CONDITIONS AGGRAVATED: Skin sensitization in susceptible individuals.

POTENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: This product is toxic to fish. Do not apply directly to

water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water

mark. Drift or runoff from treated turf may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in adjacent areas. Do

not contaminate water when cleaning equipment or disposing of equipment washwaters. Do not apply

when weather conditions favor drift from target area. Drift or runoff may adversely affect non-target

plants.

don't let the kid play outside until it rains.

EMERGENCY OVERVIEW: Primary Route(s) of Entry: Eyes, Skin, Inhalation, Ingestion

POTENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS: Causes eye irritation. Harmful if inhaled. Prolonged or frequently

repeated skin contact may cause allergic reaction in some individuals. Ingestion of large amounts may

cause gastrointestinal disorder, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea.

EYE: Causes eye irritation.

SKIN: May cause skin irritation.

INHALATION: Overexposure to dusts may cause mucous membrane and upper respiratory irritation

and possible lung changes.

INGESTION: Ingestion of large quantities may cause gastrointestinal discomfort, vomiting, weakness

or other medically related problems.

MEDICAL CONDITIONS AGGRAVATED: Skin sensitization in susceptible individuals.

POTENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: This product is toxic to fish. Do not apply directly to

water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water

mark. Drift or runoff from treated turf may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in adjacent areas. Do

not contaminate water when cleaning equipment or disposing of equipment washwaters. Do not apply

when weather conditions favor drift from target area. Drift or runoff may adversely affect non-target

plants.

:facepalm:

Archived