Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The 6th Annual SNE Lawn Thread - 2015

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time last year, grass was greening up. Now, patches of snow and a yellow wasteland. I almost want to go and break up the snow. It's just taking it's sweet time where it's shaded. It's annoying.

I was down to mainly corners and small strips by March 29th,and it's definitely started to look a little greener here over the last couple of days with the additional rainfall.

I've got a bunch of snow mold on the nicer patches of my lawn....I didn't know what it was until I looked it up, and it looks nasty. 

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortnews/2010/3-31/snowmold.html

It looks scary, but its pretty harmless. Just rake it up a bit to get some airflow down there and it will be fine once air temps and ground temps warm.

It looks scary, but its pretty harmless. Just rake it up a bit to get some airflow down there and it will be fine once air temps and ground temps warm.

Ok, good to know thanks.  Yeah I noticed it last night while letting the dog out and was saying to myself....."Wtf is this stuff? Alien scum?" lol 

Summerthyme has a point though....we have dead zones in the GOM and LIS due to eutrophication due to nutrient overload that we didn't have 20 or 30 years ago....yet wastewater treatment has gotten exponentially better....so what's that leave as the cause? Must likely Pollution from runoff. The EPA is coming down hard on stormwater runoff and soon we'll all likely have to pay a "stormwater utility" bill as many other parts of the country do already to fund improvements. I'm certainly not a huge fanboy of the EPA, and I'm not saying don't put down fertilizer, but it's important you use the right amount at the right time, which judging by the comments in here it seems like most already do that.

Branch and limb cleanup complete. Way too wet and muddy to rake or get tractor out. Will drop Dimension this upcoming week . Anyone in the know on shrubs.. Many of my Rhodys look like this. They'll come back right?

5B3D1E78-D6B8-49B9-BF17-2BB824422E32_zps

might be some sporadic branch damage, but they should come back fine

Branch and limb cleanup complete. Way too wet and muddy to rake or get tractor out. Will drop Dimension this upcoming week . Anyone in the know on shrubs.. Many of my Rhodys look like this. They'll come back right?

5B3D1E78-D6B8-49B9-BF17-2BB824422E32_zps

prune the damaged stuff, it will come back twice as thick, you'll see new shoots in after they flower

Thanks man. I still haven't even put down lime yet and I have some stragglers still yet to melt. LOL. I had a schedule last year, but who knows where that is. I'll use that and grab another one at the John Deere near me. Thanks again.

You can lime and Dimension same day..but you don't need to lime this year if you did it last year. You don't have that much shade or trees

Archived