joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 6th Annual SNE Lawn Thread - 2015

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a Lesco schedule with some dates I got from John Deere landscapes in South Windsor, Ct a couple of years ago.

lesco schedule.JPG

For those who don't put down any early spring fert like myself, lesco sells dimension WITHOUT Fert. It's labeled 0-0-7.I put that down when forsythia bloom and it doesn't contain any nitrogen.

Another thought on N application in the early spring . My reading on the subject indicates that use of slow release nitrogen will help promote root growth while minimizing excess top growth. Depending on what product you use, some favor use of slow release through a number of different methods.

I use dimension only too. Fertilize in late fall and no nitrogen again until May.

Same.

Pounding the lawn in the fall with Nitrogen keeps it well fed over winter and will look awesome once soil temps warm in spring.

If you have a Kentucky Bluegrass lawn, they can take even more nitrogen than perennial rye grass, fescues. Many lawns in the northeast are "northern mix" which are a blend of KBG,PRG,fescue.

Many people consider bluegrass the top dog for its color, spreading ability, blade density, growth habit and cold tolerance.

I  know a lot of you   guy's use  Lesco  products  but  if  you  have a Valley  Green  in your  area  stop  buy. I've  been using there  products  for  several years  now  with great  results. There  Dark  and Durable  seed  mix  is  awesome.

http://www.valleygreenusa.com/

Seed...http://www.valleygreenusa.com/download/WEBSITE%20STOCK%20MIXES%282%29.pdf

Agricultural Burn? Does that mean you can burn outside typical periods? How do I qualify? lol. 

Yes I actually read somewhere that black locust has the same BTU content as anthracite, seems far fetched to me.  I haven't actually tried to burn any myself, haven't had the opportunity.  Surprised its hard to light, as they say you can even burn it green.  

Exactly.  Farmers pretty much have free reign over what/when they do many things.  Them, ftw.  Those of us with them as neighbors ftw, too.

Was able to tiptoe and prance thru some areas of lawn that weren't total mud and pick up lots of mess. My Rhodys took a massive hit. Total brown leaves. No green leaves

Nature's payback for all of the chemicals you put on your lawn. Thanks to y'all who are obsessed with green lawns, we have dead zones in many of our waters and the ecosystems pay because of your sick obsession. 

Nature's payback for all of the chemicals you put on your lawn. Thanks to y'all who are obsessed with green lawns, we have dead zones in many of our waters and the ecosystems pay because of your sick obsession.

Lol . Tree hugger FTL. The harsh winter did a number on much of the vegetation regionwide.. Whether you care about your landscape and take care of it like most, or let it run wild with weeds, overgrowth and ugliness

Lol . Tree hugger FTL. The harsh winter did a number on much of the vegetation regionwide.. Whether you care about your landscape and take care of it like most, or let it run wild with weeds, overgrowth and ugliness

I wasn't saying that putting fertilizers on your lawn caused your rhododendron to wilt. I was making a joke about karma biting you for polluting. You're trying to add a negative connotation to being environmentally conscious by calling me a tree hugger. Fisheries in the Chesapeake Bay and the Gulf of Mexico rely on healthy waters to sustain the consumption of seafood in this country. Fisherman rely on waters for their livelihood. Don't dismiss that when you get called out. 

I wasn't saying that putting fertilizers on your lawn caused your rhododendron to wilt. I was making a joke about karma biting you for polluting. You're trying to add a negative connotation to being environmentally conscious by calling me a tree hugger. Fisheries in the Chesapeake Bay and the Gulf of Mexico rely on healthy waters to sustain the consumption of seafood in this country. Fisherman rely on waters for their livelihood. Don't dismiss that when you get called out.

Theres an AP forum for soapbox positions. We don't tell you what to do or how to live life. Please don't tell us what we should or shouldn't do. Especially based on opinion.

I'm going to the soccer forum and call everyone there a flopping pansy. Play a real sport.  See how I'm received.

Archived