• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 6th Annual SNE Lawn Thread - 2015

Damage In Tolland

My grass literally is not growing. Not sure why because other yards seem to be. Oh well. Less mowing.

Growing like a weed here.  Mowing is definitely in store for the weekend.

Only problem here is one of the areas that was 'relawned' after the pool went in.  It's going to need a lot of work to get it back into shape.

Literally overnight the pollen came out. Truck is covered. From record snows to instant summer to a drought to worst pollen season in years

I went to Nashville on Saturday leaving barren trees behind me.  I returned Tuesday night and woke up to a transformed landscape.  Every tree's leafed in a major way.  Talk about a light switch. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's definitely growing more now. Maybe it just needed the warmth.

warm nights are key, haven't watered yet, may think about next week on the portion of my lawn that only had one full season of growth if we don't get good rain next week

I noticed yesterday some lawns are starting to burn near the curbs and driveways or where there are shallow layers of soil with rock/ledge underneath..It's freaking May 7th.. Not good

There could still be salt burn too since there hasn't been much rain to flush the soil yet.  There's a good amount of that over here still along paved surfaces.

There could still be salt burn too since there hasn't been much rain to flush the soil yet.  There's a good amount of that over here still along paved surfaces.

Yeah I know what you mean..plenty of salt burn too..but that is dead grass..these are areas that greened up and then quickly browned in the drought

Fastest leaf out in history. Went from nothing to almost full leaves in a week. Insane

Yea, pretty crazy.  What is cool here is that you can see leaf out expanding up the mountain side.  Like today its up through 1300ft , then tomorrow will be at 1500ft. You can see it creeping upward everyday with these temps.

Just finished one of the side-yards.  The other side is ready to mow, too, but I'm not going to tackle that.  The front and area around the pool.....yuck.

I also posted pictures of one of the monster sugar maples that line my road.  Based on writings from the original owners, I think these are 218 years old.  This dead one was doing okay until last summer when only half its leaves came out.  Completely dead now with branches (some large) coming down nearly every day.    I was a little nervous mowing under it; it's only a matter of short time before the 2' primary branches come down.  I'm calling the tree service tomorrow; I really didn't know what a imminent danger it is.

Nice property and "pollen covered" truck MPM..good work!  Those pics really illustrate just how dry the landscape is..What should eb lush green fields this time of year and dried up soil and grass starting to show signs of stress

Thanks.  The truck spends most of it's time parked in fields, so there's likely as much dirt on it as pollen.  Also, the grass  is actually much better than some of what the pictures are showing.  I was standing in the edge of the wooded area where the grass kind of stutter steps into lawn so the foreground yuck is not really the lawn area--yet. 

Archived