SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The 6th Annual SNE Lawn Thread - 2015

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've come to the conclusion that the owners of my home before me were organic gardners who lovef invasive groundcover.

I'm dealing with Japanese knotwood in the beds and woods,  Lilly of the valley in the beds and lawn and now it seems violets are spouting up everywhere.  

Violets suck.

I've come to the conclusion that the owners of my home before me were organic gardners who lovef invasive groundcover.

I'm dealing with Japanese knotwood in the beds and woods,  Lilly of the valley in the beds and lawn and now it seems violets are spouting up everywhere.  

Violets suck.

At least they look nice, and luckily you don't have any kudzu....that stuff is nasty.  Knotweed is horrible too though, the roots can go down 7-feet I believe. 

Mowed the dandelion crop, also known as my lawn for the first time today. I'm not a lawn jockey like some on here but I am going to try to make some improvements to it this year.

Kevin is like the Lebron James if lawns. I'm also trying to make it better.

I love when two oaks grow together at the base. Hopefully yours reaches the outrageous size of the one that grows along my property line... you'd should see them. The base of the V is like a sequoia.

How about when 5 grow together, and it's right near your house so you have to have them wired together and you get a quote for $2,000 to have them taken down . :axe:  :axe:  :axe:  :axe: 

EB6ABE81-CA6A-4A15-86BA-6B41BAD2D1BB_zps

I love when two oaks grow together at the base. Hopefully yours reaches the outrageous size of the one that grows along my property line... you'd should see them. The base of the V is like a sequoia.

Yeah it's pretty cool, but it's concerning that it doesn't fall on the house not seen. It would take out our addition and my son's room. Not good.

I've seen a few old trees around the hood. Some oak and what I believe is a silver maple? As much I complain about them, I do like tall majestic trees. Tough to find very old trees around here, it there are some.

Anyone have a hydrangea tree? Hoping it looks good.

No, but a had a bunch of hydrangeas at my old place. Mostly ones called limelight, which get white flowers mid summer, then fade to reddish color in the fall.

Do you know what type of tree hydrangea you got? I would guess limelight as a lot of nurseries sell those in tree form. If so it should look really nice.

No, but a had a bunch of hydrangeas at my old place. Mostly ones called limelight, which get white flowers mid summer, then fade to reddish color in the fall.

Do you know what type of tree hydrangea you got? I would guess limelight as a lot of nurseries sell those in tree form. If so it should look really nice.

No idea, wife bought it. I'll look when I get home.

Out of the camera view is a big patch of burned out/salt damaged grass next to the driveway. I think I only put some calcium chloride down once on a part where my mother in law parks,

It is so dead and crisp there.

Not sure how to fix that

Lime or calcium to boost PH. Then maybe some loam or new soil and seed.

Archived