Newest Member
    joxey
3/20-21 storm observations

dmillz25

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

SW CT & parts of LI under some very intense snow bands at the moment. 

Radar estimates max precip in the last 60 minutes locally out in the Sound greater than 0.25 LE. 

I have 3 inches on the ground. Around 1 inch on the sidewalk, and a slushy coating on the road.

I'm actually a little less to the east of you...the best bands are south and heavier stuff is just at the doorstep but isn't stepping in. Been like that a lot over the years. Another band over LI. Sandwiched right between. Will they move north or just skirt to sea? I already know the answer....still looks good out tho.

About 3 inches and change here and coming down pretty good still...4-6 is still a good call because definitely another inch to come...

Not sure why people are saying 2-4 is better call than 4-6...probably both end up right or within an inch or 2

Because to the east of you it really isn't coming down hard...we are not in those heavy bands.

The South Shore looks to be in a subsidence zone between the northern and southern bands. We'll have to see how long snow lingers later to see if this really cuts down snow totals there.

I am in that right now with light snow and 3/4 mile vis.

Unbelievable how it's not sticking on car tops in midtown. I would think Central Park got at least an inch or two but the roads and sidewalks are only wet. I can't wait to go home and see how much more snow we got in the yonkers/bronx border

Edit: biggest bust this year for manhattan

Archived