Newest Member
    joxey
3/20-21 storm observations

dmillz25

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW,

In Queens, the snow growth has improved, sun angle is less of an issue and the snow is now sticking at a much better pace.

Can verify all the above 1in + on grassy surfaces & starting t ostick to roads, will take jeb walk in 30 minutes with pix. Flake size increased dramatically but look at those rates in central jersey in yello, has to be 40 DBZ, if its looking this amazing with S+ in Kew Gardens Queens whats it doin down there??!?

Can verify all the above 1in + on grassy surfaces & starting t ostick to roads, will take jeb walk in 30 minutes with pix. Flake size increased dramatically but look at those rates in central jersey in yello, has to be 40 DBZ, if its looking this amazing with S+ in Kew Gardens Queens whats it doin down there??!?

In Bayside, and pavement now turning white and about 1" already on non-paved surfaces.

This is a central/south nj special..they are getting owned by the good stuff in ocean/burlington...2.2 at kphl at 2pm...

Easily warning criteria when all is said and done for them. It's been a struggle so far in the urban/lower lying areas up here, but im sure many will verify the 3-5's up here when said and done

At 9:40 AM the sun was peaking through, which is usually the kiss of death for snow. The sky brightened in Linden twice around 1:30PM. The 3-6" should be lowered to 0-1".

I am not far from you and I did not see any of that. What on earth are you talking about. It has been snowing steady for awhile, we will definitely get more than 1 in this area, but I think we are not getting the 6 amounts I think Monmouth is getting better snows this time.

This is a central/south nj special..they are getting owned by the good stuff in ocean/burlington...2.2 at kphl at 2pm...

Easily warning criteria when all is said and done for them

Ive heard that at least 4-5 times this winter. I usually end up with more than PHL. Let's see this time. Middlessex Parts of Union already closing in on 2". You guys throw in the towel way to early.

Ive heard that at least 4-5 times this winter. I usually end up with more than PHL. Let's see this time. Middlessex Parts of Union already closing in on 2". You guys throw in the towel way to early.

People love jumping the gun.

To me it's clear over the next 5-6 hours, the NYC area will verify with 4"-6".

a) At no point in the post you quoted did I mention anything about our area or that i'm throwing in the towwl. I'm just saying, clearly they are the winners with this one. The big band is down south, end of story

b)I edited my original post knowing that many sensitive folks in here would accuse me of throwing in the towel...I still have our area verifying 3-5, Its not looking great for me in hoboken where there is a glorified grassy coating, but i realize many have 1-2 already to my west/sw or in higher elevs.

Easily warning criteria when all is said and done for them. It's been a struggle so far in the urban/lower lying areas up here, but im sure many will verify the 3-5's up here when said and done

18 is a mess, parkway is gridlocked. 195 forget about. I just got to Monmouth mall. Lady spun out in front of me on the exit ramp. Slush more dangerous than packed snow. Someone should tell these knuckleheads this. Check out the traffic map of the parkway between holmdel and wall.

a) At no point in the post you quoted did I mention anything about our area or that i'm throwing in the towwl. I'm just saying, clearly they are the winners with this one. The big band is down south, end of story

b)I edited my original post knowing that many sensitive folks in here would accuse me of throwing in the towel...I still have our area verifying 3-5, Its not looking great for me in hoboken where there is a glorified grassy coating, but i realize many have 1-2 already to my west/sw or in higher elevs.

Coastal is clearly taking over now as evidenced by the dual pol CC advancing north. Rain might even become an issue and the CC line is now north of ACY.

Heavier precip has already overtaken the boroughs and it's much colder here then down there.

It's easily 1"+ of snow here now on all non-paved surfaces and paved surfaces just about to go white.

The guy is a good met..I would hate to see him stop posting here after he expresses his thoughts...let's not run them off

Archived