joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/20-21 storm observations

dmillz25

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light white rain continues to fall in Hoboken... For those using the snow accumulation clown maps, keep in mind what models had on the ground by 18z, 19z, etc... and subtract that from their totals at this point..for instance, the HRRR has 4-6 for the region, but 1" by 18z, 1.5-2 by 19z which is not actually on the ground..so plan accordingly.

Light white rain continues to fall in Hoboken... For those using the snow accumulation clown maps, keep in mind what models had on the ground by 18z and subtract that from their totals at this point..for instance, the HRRR has 4-6 for the region, but 1" by 18z which is not actually on the ground..so plan accordingly.

New HRRR has very little through 2pm (18z):

hrrr_snow_nyc_3.png

Light white rain continues to fall in Hoboken... For those using the snow accumulation clown maps, keep in mind what models had on the ground by 18z and subtract that from their totals at this point..for instance, the HRRR has 4-6 for the region, but 1" by 18z which is not actually on the ground..so plan accordingly.

18z is 50 minutes away.

New HRRR has very little through 2pm (18z):

hrrr_snow_nyc_3.png

Map I had looked different, but ok then..My point is not to poo on the parade, but just keep it in mind

18z is 50 minutes away.

And my god, I thought we went back to 5 hrs from zulu time with the time change. Crossed up.

I believe we are good for 3"+ still regardless on the grass.

Not sticking to the roads, even under the heavier echoes. March sun FTL. It it sticking to grass/cars though.

yeah, wrong time of day for this one, if we were 6 hours later, it would be sticking everywhere.  We'll get some later, but half the storm is going to be wasted on daylight hours

yeah, wrong time of day for this one, if we were 6 hours later, it would be sticking everywhere.  We'll get some later, but half the storm is going to be wasted on daylight hours

Which is why this is a 3"-6" event, instead of a 6"-10" event.

Everything going as exactly progged right now.

Archived