joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/20-21 storm observations

dmillz25

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks similar to the last storm in that the storm looks to be getting better the closer we get to the event.

Agreed, I was burnt too many times this year, calling for less than what's shown by the rap and Hrrr especially In and around the city, and I took my beatings and learned, season trend alone could have spelt this out, like I said surprises will come out of this. Would not be surprised to see lollies of 6-9" in parts of Jersey

I wouldn't expect anything else even if it was mid January lol, were u expecting an inch on pavement with "light snow"?

An hour of snow from 9 to 10am in January would result in something different than what I have right now. Check in with the Philly obs, snow is melting as quick as it is falling.

An hour of snow from 9 to 10am in January would result in something different than what I have right now. Check in with the Philly obs, snow is melting as quick as it is falling.

We don't live in PHILLY, your comparing a locale nearly 100 miles away from nyc, go just 50 miles north of nyc and and the climate is like night and day in terms of snowstorms

We don't live in PHILLY, your comparing a locale nearly 100 miles away from nyc, go just 50 miles north of nyc and and the climate is like night and day in terms of snowstorms

Ha! You know the NYC forum covers a lot more than NYC, right? You and I are probably about the same distance from Times Square, just on different sides.

Ha! You know the NYC forum covers a lot more than NYC, right? You and I are probably about the same distance from Times Square, just on different sides.

My point was that my obs in Somerset County are consistent with there's further south. I am not arguing with the idea of accumulating snow with the bands that are progged, but pointing out that a lot will be wasted until those bands arrive. I don't think the models spitting out 4-7" at 10:1 are subtracting this wasted snow before the heavier bands arrive.

Are people really looking at snowfall maps and taking that as verbatim when we know some of this will be melting on contact. Not trolling here but this is not like the storm in early March. For one its two weeks later in a different pattern with a different sun angle and not as dynamic a storm.

Now how much we lose to melting is the question and its hard to predict. Ive been around the rodeo more than a few times with March snow events to know they are a little unpredictable and tough to deliver for a reason

Are people really looking at snowfall maps and taking that as verbatim when we know some of this will be melting on contact. Not trolling here but this is not like the storm in early March. For one its two weeks later in a different pattern with a different sun angle and not as dynamic a storm.

Now how much we lose to melting is the question and its hard to predict. Ive been around the rodeo more than a few times with March snow events to know they are a little unpredictable and tough to deliver for a reason

You said the SAME EXACT THING on March 5th.

And NYC metro received 6"-10".

Everything has been going right all year for this area, so no reason to expect it not to continue.

There is a PHILLY forum, if your gonna take your obs from them, and apply it to this climo, it's not gonna be accurate that's all

What applies in Mercer County, NJ, applies in Middlesex and Monmouth, in this forum. A weak slp sliding west to east to the south of everybody isn't going to affect the northern Philly zones differently than the southern NYC zones. This isn't a Miller B

Its two weeks later and warmer...and are you denying that at times the snow will not stick because it isnt already and wont until we get into heavy stuff and then later we fight the stronger sun

34 here very light snow for past hour...no accum not even on cars or grass

There's your problem. The storm is just starting. Relax.

Archived