joxey
Congratulations on #1, Boston

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let it go.

The focus has always been Sunday snow

I know you're bitter because I  b*tched slapped you with that line yesterday, but this is the thread to discuss that potential, as small as it may be.

You discussed in a general model thread...little different.

I have zero expectations for it....still think ceiling is 2-4" aggregate wknd total, though unlikely.

we certainly didn't have a bookend winter unless you're counting from Jan 25 till now.

You missed out on a lot of the big storms we had down here in the Jan. blizzard and all of Feb. no? I know that you did much better than us in Nov./Dec. So, my thinking was that you did better than us in Nov. / Dec. and we outperformed you in Jan/Feb? You didn't get 100 inches in Jan/Feb I'm sure of that.  

You missed out on a lot of the big storms we had down here in the Jan. blizzard and all of Feb. no? I know that you did much better than us in Nov./Dec. So, my thinking was that you did better than us in Nov. / Dec. and we outperformed you in Jan/Feb? You didn't get 100 inches in Jan/Feb I'm sure of that.

We had the best snowfall relative to average earlier in the season...especially with that multi-day cut off storm that dropped like 15-30" of paste (most power outages in VT for weather, even more than the 98 ice storm). Where he is in Maine did well at Thanksgiving I think, but after that a lot of the storms were more focused to NW New England and then another set was more like downeast Maine.

I know you're bitter because I  b*tched slapped you with that line yesterday, but this is the thread to discuss that potential, as small as it may be.

You discussed in a general model thread...little different.

I have zero expectations for it....still think ceiling is 2-4" aggregate wknd total, though unlikely.

Most likely scenario is some snow in the air on Sunday.  We look to the equinox. 

We had the best snowfall relative to average earlier in the season...especially with that multi-day cut off storm that dropped like 15-30" of paste (most power outages in VT for weather, even more than the 98 ice storm). Where he is in Maine did well at Thanksgiving I think, but after that a lot of the storms were more focused to NW New England and then another set was more like downeast Maine.

OT but yeah, I remember sitting on the sidelines on a few of those storms to my north in nov. and Dec.  Also, didn't you guys score big on an OCT storm as well? I could be thinking of another year. Overall, it started early for you I know that for sure.

No more OT for me after this one mods.   

From 02/05 on it has sucked here

GGEM was way north with Sunday...basically nothing for SNE, maybe a couple stray flakes. Funny, it was the easily the furthest south model yesterday.

In addition, it is way south with St. Patty's day and gives a light to moderate snow event that morning. I'll believe that when I see Scooter's green top hat covered in snow.

Guess the GGEM is losing its hot streak...going back to being the erratic model we are use to. :lol:

Archived