joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Congratulations on #1, Boston

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That graph is incredible. Look how late of a start we had compared to the other snowier seasons and then how fast it rose. Wow.

Yeah it really is. I mean talk about worst to first. This is like the Red Sox last title, haha.

Think about this, on January 21st there was talk of dead ratter and top 10 futility. January 21st! Think about the number of weenies someone would've gotten at that time if they said Boston would set their annual record lol.

Yeah it really is. I mean talk about worst to first. This is like the Red Sox last title, haha.

Think about this, on January 21st there was talk of dead ratter and top 10 futility. January 21st! Think about the number of weenies someone would've gotten at that time if they said Boston would set their annual record lol.

Impressive is not even the word. Unprecedented is even putting it mildly. It's been unreal man. It's just now really hitting me over the last few days.

You guys out east.. Did all the new snow you got yesterday vaporize today?

Did they plow?

Some streets were plowed. I noticed they were plowing Rt3 last night. My street was just salted and assumed sun would do the trick which it did. I snow-blowed my driveway. The snow did not melt completely on existing snowpack even in the sun. It has a nice fresh cover still. Shaded areas still have snow on shrubs. I did notice full sun areas melted the 3" that fell.

Some streets were plowed. I noticed they were plowing Rt3 last night. My street was just salted and assumed sun would do the trick which it did. I snow-blowed my driveway. The snow did not melt completely on existing snowpack even in the sun. It has a nice fresh cover still. Shaded areas still have snow on shrubs. I did notice full sun areas melted the 3" that fell.

What was the depth at the rents house?

I wish our climo allowed this type of winter more often... Time to move to Sept Iles. Flew over it on the way to Iceland, looked like a candle in the dark right on the frozen St. Lawrence with the moon reflecting off the ice. Crazy crazy isolation up in atlantic canada. It made rural parts of Maine look like suburban Massachusetts. 

Wow....have me by about 9".

They must be ground zero.....like 125-130"

My avg is down to 15"

Well, I feel pretty strongly that snowpack measurements become too variable this time of year to really gauge. Just too much variance to really get a good feel. My guess is sunnier areas obviously have less, but they hold snowpack fairly well thanks to it being wooded. That's huge this time of year. You can see that in the pics I posted yesterday. I can go down the street and measure several inches more than what I have too. The worst I can see at home by the trunk of a tree is probably 10-11" right now. There is no question they will have snow into April. Most impressive I've seen since moving there in '97.

Well, I feel pretty strongly that snowpack measurements become too variable this time of year to really gauge. Just too much variance to really get a good feel. My guess is sunnier areas obviously have less, but they hold snowpack fairly well thanks to it being wooded. That's huge this time of year. You can see that in the pics I posted yesterday. I can go down the street and measure several inches more than what I have too. The worst I can see by the trunk of a tree is probably 10-11" right now. There is no question they will have snow into April. Most impressive I've seen since moving there in '97.

saw spots way down in Voluntown CT deep in the woods with 18 easy and then up a hill bare fields

I'm probably slightly ahead here in Lowell than up at the cabin, but that won't be for long. I believe it's snowing up there now. As I was driving home Sunday I noticed the pack drops off quite a bit on the valley floor and down through Concord before it starts to pick up. I still have about 12-15 in the back yard, but the front is less than a foot.

Archived