joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Congratulations on #1, Boston

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a great and memorable winter. The November teases, the Christmas rain, the frigid and dry January, and the party in February. Then the nail-biting for the record in March.

If it weren't for losing a legend, it would have been perfect. Here's to you, Messenger/cweat/Rollo. Even though you probably would have said it was no big deal.

It looks like mid winter again..amazing what a few inches can do to the ugly pack from several hours ago.

I'll never see this again. This is something I used to dream of...can't even put it into words. Soon enough, Will, Whiteminster, and Ray will be savagely abusing me in their beast of a man shed with lacerations of numerous coastal fronts slicing into my jugular, and elevation events pounding my head in. All this, while accompanied by Satan's laugh himself as I am beaten continuously to a leftover slushball. 

But for now, unspeakable.

I was in Boston for 96' and would easily have traded this winter for that. Amazing stuff.

What is the over under that Boston breaks the record by 10" before May 1st?

That year was snow followed by warmth, kind of like the last couple of years in Boston. 24"+ in December followed by 30s and 40s the last week of the month. January was worse: we got close to 3' of depth (back when BOS measured depth, still not sure why they don't) and then a cold rainstorm with an inch of rain compressing it to a foot, followed a warm week and a torch to 60 in mid-January which finished off 3 feet of pack in 10 days. The pack hit about 3' on February second and has survived a month and a half so far, even with a much higher sun angle. That year, Boston had at least a foot on the ground Dec 20 to Jan 20, and then really nothing past then. This year we had the epic stretch starting around Jan 20, and who knows when it will finally all melt off for good.

After that it was nickels and dimes, but there was never snow on the ground for more than a few days. This is way more impressive. 

It looks like mid winter again..amazing what a few inches can do to the ugly pack from several hours ago.

I'll never see this again. This is something I used to dream of...can't even put it into words. Soon enough, Will, Whiteminster, and Ray will be savagely abusing me in their beast of a man shed with lacerations of numerous coastal fronts slicing into my jugular, and elevation events pounding my head in. All this, while accompanied by Satan's laugh himself as I am beaten continuously to a leftover slushball. 

But for now, unspeakable.

Should we start the Damage in Weymouth meltdown thread now?

Scooter will finally have the meltdown he was close to in late January when regression happens.

I'm just picturing you and Whiteminster holding my neck down with your foot..a deep, dark, and horrific laugh. Ray giving me DDTs 1980s style.  

Although ORH is right there behind me.

To me, I'm realizing I won't see a winter like this again in the Boston area. So everything for the rest of my life is gravy. Now I concentrate on othe bucket list items like a solar eclipse (100%), traveling to places I have not yet been, and finding the fountain of youth.

Archived