e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Congratulations on #1, Boston

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S of the pike 2nd half, even I am barely drizzling on the fringe. May end up the smallest pack loss in several days.

Unless the sun were to come out, just the smallest amount of loss here due to solar radiation making it through the clouds. 

Temp actually ticked back down here.

29.9/28 off a high of 30.3

Yeah would be nice to eek closer to the record. Thanks for posting that. Sometimes these things have a very narrow, but intense band for a few hours.

Its on the RGEM too extending down eastern Mass.  Seems to at least be legit that there will be precip in the area with sub-freezing H85 and H925...though the models are slower to cool the lower 2,000ft.

Lots of models are hitting that convergence zone from here to NE MA for tomorrow...GGEM, RGEM, GFS, NAM...

Yeah you'll be colder and I've noticed your area has been getting signaled too.  Wonder if tomorrow turns into a snowy afternoon for you down into Mass.

Up here I have no idea what to expect.  The higher elevations like at the ski resort should be snow tonight, but down in town I think we'll rain for a while.  Models have been increasing the QPF here at 12z for tonight and tomorrow...now most models have 0.4-0.7", so I'm hoping we can pull a couple inches off down below 1,000ft after midnight when the rain goes to snow.

There is actually a pretty good pocket of colder air sliding into the area tomorrow aftn, especially east. Part of this may be dynamically driven since this coincides with precipitation falling. It might be one of those things where you'll need a decent slug of precip to get snow to stick. Could be a lot of those 32-34F lighter snows that don't do much in terms of accumulations, but then a heavier band could go to town for an hour or two and add up to 1-2+". Just how these things sometimes work. Tough to pin down exactly where this happens..but could be somewhere in ern MA?

Was just noticing how warm it is across the North Country into northern NH and southern Quebec.

BTV area is obviously blow-torching per standard operating procedure, but even far NE Kingdom of VT is mid-30s and mid-30s throughout Coos County, NH while southern NH is rotting around freezing. 

You can see cooling aloft between 0z-3z Monday is actually best in eastern MA into southeastern MA.

Will this improve forcing enough to overcome a BL that starts off pretty warm?

Box comments on this:

"The one wild card here are middle level lapse rates are steepening during the day in response to height falls/cold air aloft. Thus the
forcing for ascent may have a greater response than model quantitative precipitation forecast suggest. The NAM is most robust with up to 0.25 inch of quantitative precipitation forecast across eastern CT/Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Ec slightly less with about 0.15 inches. Thus low risk of isolated 2 inch amounts. Will need to watch this potential sneaky event unfold."

Nice looking depiction.  Looks like it's busting here today though.  It's showing more than .25" here after 8:00a.m. this morning.  I'm guessing a couple hundredths so far.  Perhaps we'll get some picking up later though.

30.3/29

Yeah, our area is a precip screw zone this year even when it's rain. lol

There is actually a pretty good pocket of colder air sliding into the area tomorrow aftn, especially east. Part of this may be dynamically driven since this coincides with precipitation falling. It might be one of those things where you'll need a decent slug of precip to get snow to stick. Could be a lot of those 32-34F lighter snows that don't do much in terms of accumulations, but then a heavier band could go to town for an hour or two and add up to 1-2+". Just how these things sometimes work. Tough to pin down exactly where this happens..but could be somewhere in ern MA?

How about on the Southie parade route lol

NW flows on backsides of deepening departures are almost always overdone in QPF...  Just reminding -

This time of year though it doesn't take much to get some very steep lapse rates in the afternoon with CAA aloft to help induce almost like an area of convective-like showers.  Wonder if we see some graupel and stuff like that as the ULL moves overhead. 

Plenty of 40s showing in SNE and not just on the coast

Me FTW

Scooter and Blizz consoling each other

NAM has been bringing that sfc low inland over the Pike region through SE MA. It's been pulling the low 40s into NE CT for a few runs now...looks like it'll verify better than the GFS given the mesomap temps.

Getting a mixed bag here...some -FZRAPL with occasional bursts of snow mixed in.

Rotting away here at 32.9.....c'mon what's a weenie need to ask for to get one degree colder?

With the strong radiation, it wouldn't make a difference in marginal temps.

Up to 42 here we melt heavily, lost 3 inches since 0700

Wow.  Most of that is rain-driven rather than temp I imagine.

Plenty of 40s showing in SNE and not just on the coast

Me FTW

Scooter and Blizz consoling each other

LOL

31.0/30 rn-

Archived