Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EURO to my untrained eye looks like a good hit for northern areas Friday...

The Euro snow map I have access to (Accupro) was better than that, with the eastern 2/3 of the commonwealth in 3"+ and a thin stripe of 6+ centered on the I-78 corridor (starting roughly where 78 starts) through Allentown. 850 and 925 temps are fairly marginal, so could be a pretty wet and elevational type deal...but generally seems supportive of snow for most. 

I hope everyone enjoyed the warm weather earlier today. Looks like old man winter doesn't want to let up his grip on the east just yet. 41/17 at Millersville now. Looks like low 40's and 30's next 4 days or so. Friday looks like a possible marginal snow event for the LSV. The earlier the system comes, the better chance for snow accumulation. Once an hour after sunrise, it will be difficult for snow to stick. This will be working with a retreating high and nothing suggests really cold air to work with. NAM seems most bullish with QPF and better timing. Euro has been steady as well. It'll be interesting to see the runs tomorrow and whether the models back off on the front end timing or speed up the system. I think the valleys could see 1-3" with good timing with as much as 3-6" on hills and ridge tops over 700'. Of course when most of us want warm, Mother Nature gives us more cold and snow opportunities.

Well i lost my 22 yr old son on friday. These are by far the hardest days of my life

While it doesn't get easier, the pain will fade. Remember the good times and that your son loved you. he would want to know that he is in a better place and is not suffering.I will pray for your family and that you get through this.

Thanks to everyone. My sister has started a go fund me page to help cover the cost of his funeral expenses.

He didnt have any life insurance and we are not a wealthy family so anything would help but is not expected.

http://www.gofundme.com/osrt8s

I will gladly make a donation to help you and your family.

C'mon CPA guys, let's help out our fellow wx friend in his time of need.

12z NAM paints 0.25-0.50" of precip across all of PA for Friday, with >0.50" in the Lebanon-Lehigh Valleys, SEPA, and the Allegheny Front region. Looking pretty good for a general 2-4" across the region, with the possibility of 4-6" in the higher elevations.

Will this snow actually stick to roads or is the sun angle at the point where this late w/ wet snow it'll be very tough to get roadway accumulation?

It looks like snow should be starting before the sun angle becomes a real issue, so I'd imagine in the morning roadways will be covered, especially west of York-Harrisburg-Selinsgrove. If rates are light they will melt off during the day, but sun angle becomes barely noticeable if you're getting legitimate heavy snow.

What

12z NAM paints 0.25-0.50" of precip across all of PA for Friday, with >0.50" in the Lebanon-Lehigh Valleys, SEPA, and the Allegheny Front region. Looking pretty good for a general 2-4" across the region, with the possibility of 4-6" in the higher elevations.

what are we looking at for timing 

Well i lost my 22 yr old son on friday. These are by far the hardest days of my life and i just hope i can get through it ok.

Please say a prayer for him.

Coming out of lurking to say so sorry for your loss.

Life's ultimate tragedy when a parent outlives their offspring.

Lean on friends and family through this difficult time.

Archived