And there was this nugget from CTP this morning -

"THE LOW TEMPERATURE OF 0 DEGREES THIS MORNING AT HARRISBURG IS THE

COLDEST MINIMUM TEMPERATURE ON RECORD FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH. THE

PREVIOUS COLDEST MINIMUM TEMPERATURE FOR MARCH WAS 5 DEGREES SET

IN 1984 AND 1900. THE LOW TEMPERATURE OF 0 DEGREES ALSO BROKE

THE DAILY MINIMUM TEMPERATURE RECORD. THE PREVIOUS DAILY RECORD

LOW WAS 7 DEGREES SET IN 1901. A CONTINUOUS WEATHER RECORD HAS

BEEN KEPT AT HARRISBURG SINCE 1888.

CTP Facebook says low of -1 at Harrisburg. They better get their story straight.

Amazing cold. That shatters a 127 year old record! Have to wonder if this is like a 150 to 200 year temperature anomaly. Would be interested to see if there are any other earlier historical references to comparable cold in the 1700s. Question is now that we have won in the couple hundred year cold department, let's see if we can score a 100 year storm.

Amazing cold. That shatters a 127 year old record! Have to wonder if this is like a 150 to 200 year temperature anomaly. Would be interested to see if there are any other earlier historical references to comparable cold in the 1700s. Question is now that we have won in the couple hundred year cold department, let's see if we can score a 100 year storm.

Werent the 1780s purported to have been amazingly cold? Lke, weeks and weeks of subzero temps in the NE?

The 0 reading was yesterday morning, on March 6, the -1 temp was this morning, March 7.

So MDT shattered the all time March low two consecutive nights.

Remarkable.

Any official word if MDT February was the coldest Feb on record? Where does it rank all time for any month?

Had a low of +1 this morning and am currently at 44 degrees which produces a diurnal of 43 degrees which is also very impressive and fairly rare. Will probably tack on another degree or two before the afternoon ends.

Also only dropped to 4 above yesterday morning. Couldn't join in on the below zero party.

Remarkable.Any official word if MDT February was the coldest Feb on record? Where does it rank all time for any month?

February was indeed the coldest February on record (20.9 avg). Beat the previous low record iirc by .5 degrees. It was 3rd coldest all time, after Jan 93 and Jan 1918.

Storm Threats are beginning to emerge on the models in the long range.

Next weekend, the GFS had a storm at 12z that the snow map showed 6-10 inches across all of CTP. The Euro at 12z was not as excited about this one,

and showed 2-4 inches just across our northern PA tier counties.

The GFS also at 12z today was showng a coastal storm for the 18th-19th.

The so called warm up is not looking as impressive this week, and the

pattern seems to just relax us back to near normal for 5 days or so, before it reloads for the 2nd half of the month.

We all need to do a meetup one day and just talk weather or anything really. Meet at a pub/bar, have a few drinks and some food. I think that would be fun. Of course, probably a good idea when it's warmer haha

I'd be into that as long as the restaurant/bar puts away all their knives and sharp objects. Some of you might want to do me harm since I hate snow and winter so much.

;):lol:;)

I've just received word...I'm sad to report that my grandmother (mom's side) has passed away. She was 92 and lived one heck of a life...the very definition of a full life. She did and saw basically everything one could get out of a lifetime...

My grandmother is being buried a week from next Tuesday, I know what you're going through. Sorry for your loss.

I've just received word...I'm sad to report that my grandmother (mom's side) has passed away. She was 92 and lived one heck of a life...the very definition of a full life. She did and saw basically everything one could get out of a lifetime...

Sorry to hear this PSU. My condolences to you and your family.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother too Canderson. I hope everything family wise is well

Archived