Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Spring

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warm mongers win.....see ya'll next fall.  I may pop in if I hear of something in the next week or so, but bask away....My precious couple months are gone, so enjoy your next 8+.  I'll do my best to get through it, (don't worry....I'm crafty like that)  :flood: .  I may even pop in once a month.... to remind you that I don't like heat....(I wouldn't want to clutter the warm season threads w/ my banter of cold/snow :whistle: .  its your turn, so have at it).  Thanks to all that offered insight this winter.  It was challenging, but despite pieces not coming together, neat to see we still pulled out a 6-8 week stretch of it.  As always....I learned lots.

In the infamous words of Tigger.....T T F N !!

Nut

and if there ever was a CTP GTG....I occasionally drink beer to pass the time.....  

Warm mongers win.....see ya'll next fall.  I may pop in if I hear of something in the next week or so, but bask away....My precious couple months are gone, so enjoy your next 8+.  I'll do my best to get through it, (don't worry....I'm crafty like that)  :flood: .  I may even pop in once a month.... to remind you that I don't like heat....(I wouldn't want to clutter the warm season threads w/ my banter of cold/snow :whistle: .  its your turn, so have at it).  Thanks to all that offered insight this winter.  It was challenging, but despite pieces not coming together, neat to see we still pulled out a 6-8 week stretch of it.  As always....I learned lots.

In the infamous words of Tigger.....T T F N !!

Nut

and if there ever was a CTP GTG....I occasionally drink beer to pass the time.....  

Go check the Mid-Atlantic forum.  We may be in for a surprise sometime during March 20-25.

Sitting here in State College getting unloaded at the Benner Pike Big Lots. Might be here until around noon.

Only a few miles from my office. Of course I'm out in the field today, sampling in Clearfield.

Sun is nice today but that wind is unpleasant. Typical March day.

Saw this on Dt's Facebook page.

Hmm that's an interesting map, seems pretty accurate across PA. I finally went back and totaled the rest of my snowfalls since mid-Feb and currently have 52.5" for the season...near average to maybe a couple inches above. Pretty wild that from the looks of that map, PA as a whole collectively did better snow wise than some pretty sizable portions of the Sierras and Cascade ranges out west. 

Hmm that's an interesting map, seems pretty accurate across PA. I finally went back and totaled the rest of my snowfalls since mid-Feb and currently have 52.5" for the season...near average to maybe a couple inches above. Pretty wild that from the looks of that map, PA as a whole collectively did better snow wise than some pretty sizable portions of the Sierras and Cascade ranges out west. 

I had 35.1" for the winter which is impressive given I only had 1 event over 4"

Was pretty constant sleet from 8:30pm when I left work in Mech till I got home in Camp Hill around 8:45pm. At times it was heavy, constant pinging off the car. Was pretty suprised as basehore said dont think I saw anything about the possibility for it. Went out to the car at 9pm in camp hill to get something and it had switched over to rain

Wow...over 24 hours since the last post. This forum does die without snow chances.

Not much to talk about really. Looks like some warmer air trying to make the push with fighting cold standing in the way. Just nothing that screams anything but cool rain to be honest. Just waiting for it to get warm so we can get some fuel for thunderstorms. I think this season could actually deliver. 

Not much to talk about really. Looks like some warmer air trying to make the push with fighting cold standing in the way. Just nothing that screams anything but cool rain to be honest. Just waiting for it to get warm so we can get some fuel for thunderstorms. I think this season could actually deliver. 

I hope we get some nice booming storms this year. Winter was a bit disappointing!

Archived