joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs for the Cweat Cape Cod Cruiser anafrontal event 3-5-15

Ginx snewx

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What town in SNE does not have at least 20-24 OTG?

The areas in W SNE that missed out on the blizzard and the following event. Despite doing well the last couple events, we probably only have maybe 15" or so. Can't complain though, any time we can get 6+ weeks of continuous snow cover is impressive on the shoreline.

102.5""

2.25" Today

94.5" in 41 Days

2nd Coldest February Ever behind 1934

2nd Snowiest February Ever behind 1969

4th Place All-Time Seasonal Snowfall

30 Day Record over 1978

40 Day Record Destroyed over 1978

50 Day Record JUST Now Beaten over 1978

60 Day Record Beaten with 19 Days left if I need to pad stats.

Duel Month Record over 1978

2nd Snowiest Month behind 1969

43 Days Below 40*F - Record

3rd Longest Stretch of 20" Depth

Wow. Just....... Wow.

I didn't clear when I was measuring today so it's possible it was closer to 10". but I can't say for sure if that would have mattered much. Either way, nice storm and this season is now in position to get very close or even overtake 2004/2005. Will just need the period after St Pattys day to bring one last hurrah

It is still snowing the lightest dust in Newport.  This was easily my favorite of the year.  Not much wind, and a surprise factor.  Loved it.

Does anyone have a good total for Newport proper?  A squirrel decided to sabotage my snow board after I got to 6" and went skiing.  Will post more pics later.  Have to imagine we're around 9, but hard to say, could be more.

It is still snowing the lightest dust in Newport. This was easily my favorite of the year. Not much wind, and a surprise factor. Loved it.

Does anyone have a good total for Newport proper? A squirrel decided to sabotage my snow board after I got to 6" and went skiing. Will post more pics later. Have to imagine we're around 9, but hard to say, could be more.

lol Jerry sent the bastard on a mission to steal your snow and bring it to Logan, sonuvabitchin Bostonians

I know this is a bit off topic, but can anyone here speak to finding historical averages for snowfall outside of the Major cities, such as towns Cape?

Looking to do some statistical analysis and visual graph work showing total snowfall range, standard deviation, and the sorts. 

(I've found total snow depth, but that data doesn't go back past 2003...)

Archived