joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs for the Cweat Cape Cod Cruiser anafrontal event 3-5-15

Ginx snewx

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "oh sh*t" reaction to hoist them up last second seems dumb. 

Well as silly as it is, the warnings make sense. Because we're tracked on warnings hoisting a zero lead time warning is better than a handful of missed events. Public perception, really doesn't do crap for anyone.

When it comes to advisories, we aren't tracked on stats, so they likely put them up to avoid having a warning next to nothing on the map.

Some of the games we play can be ridiculous at times.

Well as silly as it is, the warnings make sense. Because we're tracked on warnings hoisting a zero lead time warning is better than a handful of missed events. Public perception, really doesn't do crap for anyone.

When it comes to advisories, we aren't tracked on stats, so they likely put them up to avoid having a warning next to nothing on the map.

Some of the games we play can be ridiculous at times.

Yeah, but it's kind of silly. I understand what you mean, but it does nothing for the public to hoist it only because it looks bad for lead time. 

This one's a throwback.  I remember heading south from Boston chasing circa 1975-probably February.   I was driving a Plymouth Belvedere with "3 on the tree" and my friend in the passenger seat had his head out the window to report when the dimly visible moon disappeared.  We hit a foot of snow at the canal. 

Metal shed disaster averted, these doors were fine two hours ago, saw this and said oh crap. Climbed up and yea collapsed in. Shoveled all the snow off, went in and bent it back up, main beam is twisted but it's saved. One thing I did find is the snow under those trees is 35 plus inches deep

0305151559.jpg

This one's a throwback. I remember heading south from Boston chasing circa 1975-probably February. I was driving a Plymouth Belvedere with "3 on the tree" and my friend in the passenger seat had his head out the window to report when the dimly visible moon disappeared. We hit a foot of snow at the canal.

Cweat special

Metal shed disaster averted, these doors were fine two hours ago, saw this and said oh crap. Climbed up and yea collapsed in. Shoveled all the snow off, went in and bent it back up, main beam is twisted but it's saved. One thing I did find is the snow under those trees is 35 plus inches deep

Nice Save!!

Archived