Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/4-5/2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

Well I'm going to go:

1-3" for Sullivan, Ulster and Dutchess Counties. 

2-4" for Orange, Northern Rockland, Northern Westchester and Fairfield Counties

3-5" for Northern Warren, Sussex, Northern Morris, Western Passaic, Northern Bergen, Southern Rockland, Southern Westchester, Northern Nassau and Northern Suffolk Counties.

4-6" for Southern Warren, Southern Morris, Eastern Passaic, Southern Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Bronx, New York, Queens Counties

5-8" for Hunterdon, Somerset, Northern Middlesex, Union, Northern Monmouth, Richmond, Kings, Southern Nassau and Southern Suffolk Counties.

6-10" for Mercer, Southern Monmouth, Northern Burlington and Northern Ocean Counties.

I think I covered the entire NYC metropolitan area.

What's your final call Yanks? Did you break it down in another thread? I am off today ( schools closed as the ast super hinted to us ) but not sure whether the wife should go in ( Woodbridge to Piscataway ) they are very flexible, but I have a 4 wheel drive ( a Chevy Colorado which to my surprise has been rock solid for 5 years ) and can bring her in.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowing moderately to heavily, but looks like that insane band is going to miss to my south...

Snowing moderately to heavily, but looks like that insane band is going to miss to my south...

Yeah the models seemed to just kiss the area with that, probably why Sayreville, mere minutes from us, is getting heavier stuff

one part I think you are low on is Northern Westchester... I am almost at high end of your forecast with many more hours to go

Also NWS needs to wake up but I guess it really does matter at this point.

Well I made that call early yesterday before the 18z runs increased totals across the board. Not a bad forecast almost 24 hrs out.

It hasn't really been heavy but it's been steady. Another great call by Mt. Holly as 4-8" seems likely.

NBC just said 4-8 for your area, 3-6 for mine a little northeast. I'm going with 5 for now until I seem some heavier bands, right now it's just steady snow. But a nice way to begin March, which has traditionally busted most years.

NBC just said 4-8 for your area, 3-6 for mine a little northeast. I'm going with 5 for now until I seem some heavier bands, right now it's just steady snow. But a nice way to begin March, which has traditionally busted most years.

We had 2009, but that busted low in a lot of places to the west of the City.  March 2013 had a nice little event with the firehose setup backing in from off New England, but it was warm and had some trouble sticking in areas and most melted by the following morning.

Heavy snow burst now.

This could be why you're seeing such a sharp cut off North of High Point, NJ and Rockland County, NY

I'm north of that and it's dumping here.  Strong NW wind and good snow growth going on now (and since ~5:30am.)   Roads are terrible too.  

BTW, in your snowfall predictions above you skipped Putnam County entirely.

We had 2009, but that busted low in a lot of places to the west of the City.  March 2013 had a nice little event with the firehose setup backing in from off New England, but it was warm and had some trouble sticking in areas and most melted by the following morning.

Heavy snow burst now.

It melted by the end of the day! I think 5 fell and it was down to 2-3 by the end. Took a hike in it and came across a herd of deer....2009 left us with about 5, more to the south.

I'm north of that and it's dumping here.  Strong NW wind and good snow growth going on now (and since ~5:30am.)   Roads are terrible too.  

BTW, in your snowfall predictions above you skipped Putnam County entirely.

Sorry, not my intention, I would have grouped Putnam in with Northern Westchester. 

Archived